Author Topic: Sheet Music - "For River"/To the Moon  (Read 102493 times)

Re: Sheet Music - "For River"/To the Moon
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:24 AM »
I don't know if anyone's interested, but I did a transcription of the easy version sheet music to play on LSDJ. I think it's a little nifty since I made it on a Game Boy. :) Just seeing if anyone likes/finds it interesting...

http://youtu.be/qpu41wtwO1c

seamusfish

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 01:31:45 AM »
Downloaded, thanks.  I'm going to mess around with this on the banjo and see what happens.

Paradox

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »
First time poster here; loved the game so much, it haunts my mind. Especially the music. So I'm going crazy here; I want sheet music for all the songs, not "just" For River. What I'm wondering is basically; WHERE CAN I FIND IT!?  :-* I simply must have it for songs like Having Lived and Born a Stranger. Is there any site where I can get them all?

Tumbles

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 03:24:56 PM »
Nope. Not yet. :reivsweat:

(click to show/hide)

Paradox

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 03:40:38 PM »
Oh crap :reivsweat: Tell Reives to hurry up and fix it  ;)

Merlandese

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »
Okay.

Reives, hurry up and fix it!

--------
My original compositions on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Merlandese c:
--------

Mushroom

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
Hello there. So I did a cover of "Born a Stranger" and heard you guys wanted sheet music.

It's transposed three half-steps down, so it sounds a little less like the official soundtrack version and more how it sounded in the actual game. Sheets are in the description, but if you don't want to watch my cover of it, then the sheets are right below the link to the video. Also, if you want it transposed back to the original, talk to me and I'll see what I can do :D

Video: http://youtu.be/BXD_i7AE3E4

Sheets: http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/69e84d6f06a7b59609a2f7b8bfc2b84d1182624b

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »
hey, i am very grateful for the sheet, but i am wondering, why are they so much different than the game?
i am looking around now for a few days (no kidding) and i found only one video of johnnys version that sounds exactly like in game. i cant find the sheets, but if someone is still interested, or able to confirm for sure that this is indeed the version we hear in game, please say so. heres the link
To the Moon ~ For River - Piano (Johnny's Version) - reproduction

Anden120

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 06:53:33 AM »
I'm gonna force my friend to play some songs from the game on the piano C=

EzeCoyote

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 03:03:58 AM »
Now I just have to learn how to play the piano...

SpecialCookies

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 03:27:22 AM »
hey, i am very grateful for the sheet, but i am wondering, why are they so much different than the game?
i am looking around now for a few days (no kidding) and i found only one video of johnnys version that sounds exactly like in game. i cant find the sheets, but if someone is still interested, or able to confirm for sure that this is indeed the version we hear in game, please say so. heres the link

The sheets to Johnny's version are linked to in the youtube video description. For the less initiated, click here and navigate to transcription To the Moon ~ For River - Piano (Jonny's Version) r381.

You hear several versions in the game, that's why there's also several versions provided on the OST. I'm quite certain that's the one Johnny plays whilst at NASA in-game (and is probably used elsewhere).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:25:03 AM by SpecialCookies »
- visitor | hunter

umbrellaeinheit

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 07:18:14 AM »
Great!
Now I just have to learn how to play the piano!

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 06:57:17 AM »

The sheets to Johnny's version are linked to in the youtube video description. For the less initiated, click here and navigate to transcription To the Moon ~ For River - Piano (Jonny's Version) r381.

You hear several versions in the game, that's why there's also several versions provided on the OST. I'm quite certain that's the one Johnny plays whilst at NASA in-game (and is probably used elsewhere).

Ah, thank you, I didn't see it the first time. I know there are more versions, but i was confused cause the ones Kan gave us on sheets aren't like any in game. Anyways, the version Johnny plays at NASA is the same one as his original "For River" so... It's all good :D Now i need to find the Sarah and Tommy ones... And a friend to play it with me :)

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 01:10:59 PM »
In case anyone is still interested, I took the sheets for Johnny's version of For River (props to AthenaADP) and transcribed them to a MIDI file. If you have Synthesia, this will be a great addition.

I have included the majority of the major tempo changes in the piece (as indicated in the sheet and the soundtrack song) and a few of the volume changes towards the end. All the arpeggios have been kept for accuracy, but you may find them hard to play in Synthesia. The performance is synthetic, unfortunately - as soon as I master this piece, I'll be sure to come back with a MIDI recording!

Here it is. Enjoy.

I have also found three errors in the transcription, so if anyone can edit the sheet, these would be something to think about:

• Measure 34 (where it says Lento, 2nd Page) is time signature 12/8, not 4/4. This is quite confusing.
  • The last Lento mark should be something closer to Andante moderato; current tempo mark is too slow.
  • Measure 35, on the other hand, is most definitely Largo from the soundtrack instead of a tempo, which would have it sound very fast (pay attention to the 16th notes) and very inappropriate.

NEvaWHO

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 02:14:13 AM »
I don't know if anyone's interested, but I did a transcription of the easy version sheet music to play on LSDJ. I think it's a little nifty since I made it on a Game Boy. :) Just seeing if anyone likes/finds it interesting...

http://youtu.be/qpu41wtwO1c

That's Freakin' AWESOME!

Kind-Of Reminiscent Of The 'Final Fantasy' Series. (Then, Again, So's TtM.)
"When This World Is No More, The Moon Is All We'll See, And I'll Ask You To Fly Away With Me, And When The Stars All Fall Down, They Empty From The Sky, I Don't Mind. If You're With Me, Than Everything's Alright."

* Recent Media

Eva Rosalene Chibi

Views: 669
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Neil Watts Chibi

Views: 619
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Sleep | Music Video

Views: 22
Posted by: Skywrtr