Author Topic: Chinese localization intention  (Read 6084 times)

Kirroha

Re: Chinese localization intention
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »
For me, I had to change my computer regional language to Chinese (Simplified) to read the text. Same thing goes with other Chinese RPG games.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 08:29:08 AM »
I was looking for a Chinese translation of the game, and was surprised that there isn't one yet. Well, not a legal version anyway.

Searching in English ("To the Moon Chinese translation") lead me to this thread. Searching in Chinese ("To the Moon 中文"), on the other hand, lead me to some incredibly shady (huge amount of Flash ads, popups everywhere) site which claims to have both Traditional and Simplified Chinese translation of the game. These are obviously bootlegged versions of the game, though I'm surprised they didn't show up on this forum thread. The screenshot looks legitimate enough, at least.

Anyway, I'm downloading a copy to see how well it works. Will report back when I have had a look.

Well, there is not a legal Chinese  version, but this version is wide-spread in China. It use the Chinese character font "黑体" in the game and it is needed to be installed first before you start the game. And it works just fine.....at least in many of the computers in China.  And many Japanese RPG game like Mad father and The Witch's House used the same way to run the Chinese version.

fay_envoy

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 07:59:34 AM »
I had read the version before, and test it.
About the fonts of that version, “黑体” or SimHei is the original version of RMXP in China.
So we need an official Chinese-translion version.

* Recent Media