Episode 1: To the Moon > To the Moon - Discussions

The Red Flash (spoiler alert)

<< < (2/9) > >>

markhansavon:
Yeah Neil is next up in the bed. I actually hope Reives doesn't have some filler chapter next and actually goes into Neil's sickness right off the bat, but keeping the mystery hidden is what makes it so compelling/gives incentive to read more. x_x

Vasha:

--- Quote from: Raxie Pie on December 09, 2011, 05:52:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Merlandese on December 09, 2011, 02:15:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lance D. Stone on December 09, 2011, 01:42:38 PM ---IMHO it's just like with the rest of RM-like games. The red flash generaly means the strike or bleeding or sudden feel of pain by character.

--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement with Lance.

--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement with Merlandese's agreement of Lance's statement.

--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement with Rax with Merlandese's agreement of Lance's statement. Mainly because I know that in Reives' other games (well, Quintessence), he uses that sort of effect a lot. If it were my first time seeing it, though, I would definitely start conspiring!

Just Lance:

--- Quote from: Vasha on December 10, 2011, 02:14:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lance D. Stone on December 09, 2011, 01:42:38 PM ---IMHO it's just like with the rest of RM-like games. The red flash generaly means the strike or bleeding or sudden feel of pain by character.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement with Rax with Merlandese's agreement of Lance's statement. Mainly because I know that in Reives' other games (well, Quintessence), he uses that sort of effect a lot. If it were my first time seeing it, though, I would definitely start conspiring!

--- End quote ---

Oh guys I love you! ^^

Judedeath:

--- Quote from: Vasha on December 10, 2011, 02:14:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

But what if he knows you'd think that and put it in like that to catch you offguard????

jl0329:
I also suspect that there is more meaning to the red flash.

As the OP said "As you know, we only got that red flash when the doctors were in John's mind and John's condition was worsening in the 'real' world.  To have that flash at the end of the game would suggest that the characters are still in another person's mind?"

Also, remember after Act1, when the doc was on her way to fetch that rotten animal. The same two squirrels jumps down from the cliff and she said "dejavu...". I think that also implies they the whole thing is another memory.

Or I am just overthinking....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version