Episode 1: To the Moon > To the Moon - Discussions

The Red Flash (spoiler alert)

(1/9) > >>

iantendo:
First of all, thanks for creating such a fantastic piece of art that stands up against even the best films I've seen. 

Secondly I wanted to see what people's opinions were on the 'red flash' that happens to Neil right at the end of the game?

SPOILER ALERT

As you know, we only got that red flash when the doctors were in John's mind and John's condition was worsening in the 'real' world.  To have that flash at the end of the game would suggest that the characters are still in another person's mind?

My theory is that the game is a bit like Inception and this chapter completely took place inside another person's mind.  We know in the end that Neil has a possible painkiller addiction so it could even be that they're in Neil's mind trying to help him kick his addiction?  (how meta!!)

What do you think?  What did that final flash signify?

Just Lance:
IMHO it's just like with the rest of RM-like games. The red flash generaly means the strike or bleeding or sudden feel of pain by character.

Merlandese:

--- Quote from: Lance D. Stone on December 09, 2011, 01:42:38 PM ---IMHO it's just like with the rest of RM-like games. The red flash generaly means the strike or bleeding or sudden feel of pain by character.

--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement with Lance.

Raxus:

--- Quote from: Merlandese on December 09, 2011, 02:15:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lance D. Stone on December 09, 2011, 01:42:38 PM ---IMHO it's just like with the rest of RM-like games. The red flash generaly means the strike or bleeding or sudden feel of pain by character.

--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement with Lance.

--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement with Merlandese's agreement of Lance's statement.

4 IN 1:
The fact that Neil's painkiller are "pretty strong stuff" suggest that Neil might be in great pain cause by illness as well, things such as forth/final stage cancer where one needed strong painkiller to ease the pain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version