Episode 1: To the Moon > Translation Projects

Questions / Answers about everything (DreaMaker included)

<< < (2/12) > >>

King Kadelfek:

--- Quote from: Thunderbird on December 04, 2011, 06:57:46 AM ---The file I have right now is the full German translation file we want to work with.
Shall I send it to you by mail?

--- End quote ---

You are translating the game from german to another language ? Or you want to include the german translation into the game ?

--- Quote from: Thunderbird on December 04, 2011, 06:57:46 AM ---I get this error at all map parts. Tried dividing into two parts, tried just using the first map.

--- End quote ---

You should send me this first rxdata map and the dialogs file.
My mail : kadelfek (at) kadelfek (dot) com

--- Quote from: madeiner on December 04, 2011, 02:16:11 PM ---About the incompatibility of DMK versions; is there a way to use the "more lines" option that is present in the new DMKxp without restarting the translation from the beginning?

--- End quote ---
SenorKaffee will include all modifications done so far in the game. Then he will reexport dialogs with the new version of DMK.
The new dialogs file will be half english - half another language.

All dialogs are independent with the new version. So I can create a mod to delete all non english dialogs, so only untranslated dialogs will remain (and vice versa).

EDIT : it's not a problem if you have dialogs with more than 2 lines. I you used the adding texboxes glitch, I will detect it.

Thunderbird:

--- Quote from: King Kadelfek on December 05, 2011, 07:36:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Thunderbird on December 04, 2011, 06:57:46 AM ---The file I have right now is the full German translation file we want to work with.
Shall I send it to you by mail?

--- End quote ---

You are translating the game from german to another language ? Or you want to include the german translation into the game ?

--- Quote from: Thunderbird on December 04, 2011, 06:57:46 AM ---I get this error at all map parts. Tried dividing into two parts, tried just using the first map.

--- End quote ---

You should send me this first rxdata map and the dialogs file.
My mail : kadelfek (at) kadelfek (dot) com

--- Quote from: madeiner on December 04, 2011, 02:16:11 PM ---About the incompatibility of DMK versions; is there a way to use the "more lines" option that is present in the new DMKxp without restarting the translation from the beginning?

--- End quote ---
SenorKaffee will include all modifications done so far in the game. Then he will reexport dialogs with the new version of DMK.

All dialogs are independent with the new version. So I can create a mod to delete all non english dialogs, so only untranslated dialogs will remain (and vice versa).

--- End quote ---

The file I'm using is our (SenorKaffee's and my, we are both in the same team) translation so far.
-> it's translation from English to German
The translation done before into the game still has some old stuff left, because there were importing problems.
So the file we want to work with and all current translations done is the file I have currently on my laptop.
If we use some older file, we will have to redo some parts of the translation.

I hope SenorKafee is back soon, so we can check this to avoid unnecessary work. I will send you the mail then, if still necessary.

King Kadelfek:
Ok Thunderbird.
I thought only SenorKaffee was using DreaMaker to include final translations.

I think maybe it's the "Step 3 problem". It happens when someone does Step 3 twice, instead of Step 3 > Step 2 > Step 3. When you do Step 3, datas are changed, so dialog's ids change as well, so you need to do Step 2 right after that.
(the automatic step 3 + step 2 option was temporarily disabled in DMK 3.8, but that was the last public version...)

But don't worry, I can extract X messages from the game and replace them by X messages from your translation. So you will have a properly working file.

Ok to wait for SenorKaffee. He said to me he was finishing another project, but he will be back this week.

My MSN : kadelfek (at) yahoo (dot) fr

Thunderbird:

--- Quote from: King Kadelfek on December 05, 2011, 09:42:06 AM ---Ok Thunderbird.
I thought only SenorKaffee was using DreaMaker to include final translations.

--- End quote ---

He was ^^
But as he had no time atm, I've done more work on the translation google doc file and tried my luck using the Dreamaker right now.

--- Quote ---
I think maybe it's the "Step 3 problem". It happens when someone does Step 3 twice, instead of Step 3 > Step 2 > Step 3. When you do Step 3, datas are changed, so dialog's ids change as well, so you need to do Step 2 right after that.
(the automatic step 3 + step 2 option was temporarily disabled in DMK 3.8, but that was the last public version...)

But don't worry, I can extract X messages from the game and replace them by X messages from your translation. So you will have a properly working file.

Ok to wait for SenorKaffee. He said to me he was finishing another project, but he will be back this week.

My MSN : kadelfek (at) yahoo (dot) fr

--- End quote ---

Okey, I will give this step thingy a try.

madeiner:

--- Quote ---

--- End quote ---

EDIT : it's not a problem if you have dialogs with more than 2 lines. I you used the adding texboxes glitch, I will detect it.

--- End quote ---

I dont think i get the answer. I am on a different team (italian). We have translated part of the dialogue, and we are leaving behind the parts where we need to add dialogue boxes.
What do we do when DMK 4.9 is released? If the txt files are different, then we can't copy paste everything, right? I suppose the "transfer" may take a lot of time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version