Author Topic: Either my Z key is broken, or something is SERIOUSLY wrong with chapter VII...  (Read 1664 times)

dmbogie

Alrighty, I've been playing the game over the weekend, and I got to the part where Lunair learns to transform into animals... I mean, when you get to CONTROL it in VII. So I am running about having a grand old time in wolf form... and I find the BLACK wolf, kill it, get the hair, get ready to run amuck some more... but the transform key isn't working. I hit Z. I HOLD Z. I mash Z. I pray to it and offer it slightly burnt bacon. Nothing happens... I even restarted the game, and whoop! No transformation for me! Any ideas on how to fix this?

Now, time for a smiley reflecting my current mood.  -cuss- Thank you for your co-operation, Sal.

Well, a signature. Instead I am padding mah space because I want to, and I... I dunno. Feel like it. Random smiley barrage, why not.  :D D: ^-^ ^__^ XD DX :( :) :X :F :P So. After that intellectual statement, I bid you adeiou. Or however the heck you spell that. ^-^;

Reives

Heya dm, sorry that happened. First of all, wait, you killed the Black wolf? Or do you mean the blue one? Unless you mean that there was a cutscene where Lunair threw some combustion powder at a black wolf and it ran away - in that case, I think it intentionally turned off transformation ability, as you're about to proceed northward back to where you came from to continue the game. I should've made that clearer though, my apologies!

See if heading back to the wagon works.

dmbogie

Well, it was the charcoal colored wolf, I think... what happened was I went all the way to the west, fought the two wolves, killed one, and the other retreated, headed to the den, fought the other, and killed it and got the hair. There was no cutscene.

Edited because I got my directions mixed up. AGAIN.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:25:53 PM by dmbogie »
Well, a signature. Instead I am padding mah space because I want to, and I... I dunno. Feel like it. Random smiley barrage, why not.  :D D: ^-^ ^__^ XD DX :( :) :X :F :P So. After that intellectual statement, I bid you adeiou. Or however the heck you spell that. ^-^;

Reives

Oh okay, nevermind then. Um, have you tried entering combat with it? Perhaps that'd reactivate it again. Otherwise, you can do two things: Just go through everything as the wolf (it'll auto-transform you back soon, when you head back to the wagon and meet the black-ish wolf). Or, you can load up a save file from the Auto-Save archive folder in your game folder (find the latest one) and start from before you got stuck. o:

Let me know how it turns out! And if you can, uploading your current stuck savefile would be helpful for me to debug it.

Edit:
Just to make sure that your key-bindings aren't messed up, press F1 and click "set to default".

dmbogie

Huzzah! I entered combat, and now I can finally check out this new form...

On another note... Folder? Whuh? I don't think I HAVE a folder... and in any case, I don't know how to upload my save file in the first place...  :seraisweatdrop:

Reives

Oh, the folder's directory should've been selected when you installed it. It's likely to be in C:\Program Files\Quintessence - The Blighted Venom

Glad it worked. c:

Kirroha

I experienced the same problem, except with both Chapter VII and Chapter IX.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:58:28 AM by Kirroha »

* Recent Media

Eva Rosalene Chibi

Views: 427
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Neil Watts Chibi

Views: 397
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Sleep | Music Video

Views: 13