Quintessence - TBV > Suggestions

Make battle system tutorial more clear

(1/2) > >>

octagon:
I have to admit that I had quite the problem with the battle system tutorial at the beginning of Viper Valley. After the battle beginning screen (Reivier/Lunair vs. Snakes), it seemed for me like the battle would immediately begin. I didn't think of fulfilling the suggested task without any enemies and thought that the lack of snakes would be a game breaking bug that prevents you from finishing the battle (no enemies to defeat -> no battle to win). I was very sure to be stuck, and I didn't play the game for half a year, until one day I suddenly got an idea of what to do...

To prevent such from happening, it should possibly be pointed out much clearer that the actual fight does not begin until you learned the basics of battle.

Star-san:
Or how about an option for the players if they want to repeat the tutorials or not?

Agckuu Coceg:
Why not? From the standpoint of the canons JRPG - it's normal to get a tutorial straight into the battle.

In addition, the combat system of Quintessence is easy, and during the battle displays all shortcuts in the battle in the screen.

octagon:
I second this idea - it would be helpful for forgetful players, people who want to look into the game at the computer of someone else (though I would never recommend playing another one's savegame - missing the epic story would never be worth that), and people who paused for some months, and it could also prevent further irritation.

Agckuu Coceg:

--- Quote from: octagon on September 24, 2010, 10:02:08 AM ---I second this idea - it would be helpful for forgetful players, people who want to look into the game at the computer of someone else (though I would never recommend playing another one's savegame - missing the epic story would never be worth that), and people who paused for some months, and it could also prevent further irritation.

--- End quote ---

Quintessence have a very little fights - so it is doubtful that it wants to people...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version