Author Topic: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella  (Read 3844 times)

Kirroha

The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »
Disclaimer: This game is NOT made by me. It is made by TaleWeaver on the LemmaSoft Games forum. With permission granted, of course.

The Dreaming is a visual novella in which you take the part of Gabrielle, a young psychiatrist during her first weeks at a mental institution. One of her early jobs is to complete the diagnosis of Julius, a young man hospitalized at the clinic with an unusual case of schizophrenia: not only has he vivid hallucinations - the whole world seems like one big hallucination to him. Digging deeper into his mental condition, Gabrielle soon finds out that there is more to Julius than meets the eye... and a few of these things are terrible indeed...

Genre: Psychological thriller
Playtime: ~1 hr
Multiple endings
Unlockable bonus content

Download Link: http://www.filefront.com/14237479/The%20Dreaming-0.9.zip

Currently, I've only managed to get the first five endings out of six, but I think I'm getting really close to the sixth ending (also the True Ending, although that doesn't mean it's going to be a happy ending. Just an ending where you sort of learn everything I guess, before you fade into darkness.)

EDIT: Oh, I just got Ending 6. So if anyone needs help getting that ending, you can ask me.

Have fun, and hope you like it! Credits completely go to Taleweaver.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:44:02 PM by Kirroha »

Candide

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »
Psychological thrillers amuse me (= Buuuuuuuuuut anyway I'm downloading it right now, so yay! Might take a while to actually give a review though =P

Just Lance

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 03:36:10 AM »
Mmmmm... Sounds interesting. Geopolitical Techno-Thriller wasn't avalible? o.O
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Kirroha

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »
I have half of a partially encrypted walkthrough for Ending 6. PM me if you want it, but I will only give it out if you have achieved Endings 1 to 5. To confirm it, please either state the names of the endings in the PMs or write down basically what happens.

Ending 6 is the true ending, and is definitely the hardest to get. The rest should be fairly easy. Once you get all 5 of the other endings, you might have some theories and also have a basic gist of what's going on, and then Ending 6 will make more sense.

Moony

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »
When I played first time I got a bad ending where
(click to show/hide)
And the second time got ending number 5, which I liked more than the first one I got n_n
It creep me out at times... but it was interesting :)

I will play it some other day more and try to get the other endings.

Rayen

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 02:52:46 PM »
Hn. Interesting game. I've only gotten 4 out of the 6 endings though.
(click to show/hide)
e_e The 5th one is becoming a pain in the neck to see. Must have gotten it at least 6 times.

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:37:22 AM »
Finally got the true ending, and it was pretty good...

(click to show/hide)
~Dreaming about 'Naira~

Forgotten_Bard

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
I will look into it but the problem I see is Schizophrenia involves auditory hallucinations, so unless you dropped a word it may be a different mental disability...
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

Rayen

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
Auditory hallucinations aren't always involved in schizophrenia. :-X

-----

Forgotten_Bard

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »
No... I discussed this with my Psych teacher... Auditory is schizophrenia...  There are other ones similar to schizophrenia that are not auditory but that one is all auditory... 

I should know :x  I constantly think I heard someone or something and it turns out nothing is there...
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

Rayen

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 09:13:18 AM »
I never said that hearing things -isn't- a part of schizophrenia, I'm just saying that it isn't always involved in it - as in it isn't a required symptom to diagnose someone with that illness.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:33:40 AM by Rayen »

-----

Lunarea

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »
Schizophrenia is defined as an individual who has an altered perception of reality. Sometimes there are auditory hallucinations, other times there aren't. Often enough, there are there - especially if it's a case of paranoid schizophrenia. But it's not a symptom that's absolutely necessary for diagnosis. If your teacher is adamant about auditory hallucinations always being a part of schizophrenia ... you need a better teacher. Seriously.

Edit: I don't mean to sound angry or rude. But as someone with a major in Psychology who's slowly working on a pHd, I can tell you with absolute honesty that there are fantastic teachers and there are some really questionable ones. I had a teacher for one of my classes that spent half of the class teaching us the wrong things. It was so bad, in fact, that he was replaced mid-semester and we had triple the homework trying to catch up.

I hope that the auditory hallucinations part of the schizophrenia was a misunderstanding (and I wouldn't blame you as a student, because you're still learning this stuff - but I would wonder about how effective your teacher is at explaining things). There are other diagnoses that involve auditory hallucinations, including a type of tumor, seizure and chemical use/abuse.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:14:42 PM by Lunarea »

Reives

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 12:54:21 AM »
( I didn't know you are a psychology major, Luna! :o Gotta talk to you about that sometimes, it's one of the things I wanted to get into. )

Lunarea

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 11:10:51 AM »
(Feel free to anytime! I've got some teaching experience too, and I've had a few very interesting classes on alternative therapy: particularly use of color/painting and music in promoting mental well-being.)

I've downloaded the novel and will give it a try when I have some free time.  :gothat!:

Arwym

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 07:53:31 PM »
So, is this one worth downloading?  Hmm...  I might do just that soon.

Arwym's 3D <Quintessence> Fanart Project!

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is really personal or private.]

* Recent Media

Eva Rosalene Chibi

Views: 661
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Neil Watts Chibi

Views: 611
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Sleep | Music Video

Views: 18
Posted by: Skywrtr