Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 331710 times)

The Flying Marlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #4185 on: January 29, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »
Speaking of music and concerts, my college's band (of which I am a member) is touring across Florida this week. Landed last night, and I'm suuuuuper tired. It's super stressful, since we're always doing something, but it's nice to get away from the depressing Minnesota weather for a while.

And yes, we have a harp. :) (which is weird; I didn't think harps were part of symphonic bands)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4186 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:35 PM »
Speaking of music and concerts, my college's band (of which I am a member) is touring across Florida this week. Landed last night, and I'm suuuuuper tired. It's super stressful, since we're always doing something, but it's nice to get away from the depressing Minnesota weather for a while.

And yes, we have a harp. :) (which is weird; I didn't think harps were part of symphonic bands)
That's so cool! It's great that you get to travel and perform in different places  :seraismile: Plane ride must be annoying, though.

The Flying Marlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #4187 on: January 29, 2017, 10:40:27 PM »
That's so cool! It's great that you get to travel and perform in different places  :seraismile: Plane ride must be annoying, though.

Meh, it wasn't too bad. Only 2 and a half hours, and the time zone's only an hour ahead. Now we're taking a bus all over the state. Which is far more annoying than the plane.  ::) Good to get the first concert out of the way, now 7 or 8 left :P

The Flying Marlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #4188 on: February 11, 2017, 09:03:39 PM »
Well, I got back last Sunday :) And we had our "home concert" a couple hours ago, and I'd say it went fairly well! And as much as I'd love for the band to start playing some new music, I'm gonna miss playing the pieces we've been working on over the last few months. The repertoire was challenging, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

So, about the tour! We spent a week in Florida, doing a show more or less every day in a different venue. We performed in the Naples, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, and Tampa areas, as well as a concert in a small town in the Everglades, which was fun. We had a day off in Orlando, so I decided to go to the Universal Studios theme park, which is home to, among other things, a Harry Potter-themed section, complete with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley :D . I'm also suuuper excited that next January, the band will go to Australia and New Zealand for a couple weeks! Totally looking forward to that!

After the concert, I watched parts of the online video of the concert. Because I sit in the back of the band, at the very end of the row, I hear a very different sound from what the audience hears, so that was pretty interesting. (At least I can't hear my own mistakes as much :P ) Amazing to see (hear?) the level of talent in the band (though I don't mean to toot my own horn (or should I say tuba, since that's what I play :P ))

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #4189 on: February 23, 2017, 04:25:32 PM »

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #4190 on: February 26, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
Gah! Two of my fingers are starting to get stiff.... Great.... This will be fun for playing piano....  ::)
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #4191 on: February 26, 2017, 03:46:09 PM »
Oh no! D:

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #4192 on: February 26, 2017, 08:38:39 PM »
Oh no! D:
Yeah, I hope it goes away, the stiffness has been hanging around for a week or so.... And they are also a bit sore, so that's fun....

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4193 on: February 28, 2017, 03:51:57 AM »
Oh no! D:
Yeah, I hope it goes away, the stiffness has been hanging around for a week or so.... And they are also a bit sore, so that's fun....
If it sticks around for too long, maybe ask your doc about it?

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #4194 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46:14 AM »
Oh no! D:
If it sticks around for too long, maybe ask your doc about it?
Yeah, I should but I have been way too busy recently to see doctors about finger stiffness, it's not really my highest priority.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #4195 on: March 01, 2017, 02:02:52 AM »
I think you should see a doctor soon though. If it persists or gets worse, it could start interfering with normal everyday life 0_0

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #4196 on: March 07, 2017, 11:32:34 AM »
Today I realised when I lose some kind of asset or equipment, it actually makes me happy most of the time because I at least had it with me for the case I need it. To me, losing something is less annoying than knowing I could have brought it with me when I need it, but didn't.

^ Must sound really weird.
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

The Flying Marlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #4197 on: March 19, 2017, 06:29:04 PM »
Landed in Hawaii last night, and I spent much of the flight playing Quintessence. Stopped just before the really good parts. Probably gonna play some more next week on the way back.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #4198 on: March 20, 2017, 02:49:44 AM »
Landed in Hawaii last night, and I spent much of the flight playing Quintessence. Stopped just before the really good parts. Probably gonna play some more next week on the way back.
What part? :)

Also, I've been playing a new game myself (well Quintessence isn't new but I'm enjoying myself so far ^_^ )

The Flying Marlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #4199 on: March 20, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »
What part? :)

Also, I've been playing a new game myself (well Quintessence isn't new but I'm enjoying myself so far ^_^ )

I'm on the island of Hawai'i, also known as the Big Island (to avoid confusion with the state in general :P ). It seems pretty cool so far (that's "cool" as in "awesome", not temperature - it's pretty hot here!)

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 140
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 283
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon