Author Topic: Frustration House Cheer Up Hugs Since 2009  (Read 170829 times)

Tumbles

Re: Frustration house
« Reply #2115 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
Usually it is cheaper.  :seraismile: Most modern consoles aren't locked to a specific region either, which is good. The only downside to getting them shipped is the looong wait time.  :angry:

(click to show/hide)

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #2116 on: April 30, 2012, 07:46:39 AM »
Games seem to be quite expensive when released in the UK so if a game is $50 in the US it would be 45 here regardless of the currency difference. I think they hope people won't realize and buy it anyway. However new games seem to be sold at 25 now which is much better.

Tumbles

« Reply #2117 on: April 30, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
Most new games here cost about $100 - $120. Even more for special editions. :( Tell me that's not ridiculous.  XD

(click to show/hide)

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #2118 on: April 30, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
I don't know the GBP to Australian Dollars exchange rate, but it does seem abnormally high.

Tumbles

« Reply #2119 on: April 30, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »
Nah, I don't know the exchange rate either. I know that our Aub dollar is higher than the US at the moment, so those prices are higher in $US.  ???

I'm moving somewhere else.  :seraismile:

(click to show/hide)

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #2120 on: May 01, 2012, 12:39:56 AM »
1AUD = 0.969USD
1USD = 1.032AUD

60USD * 1.03199 = 61.92AUS

Now either the website is wrong or you are getting seriously overcharged

Tumbles

« Reply #2121 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:35 AM »
The website's right.  :reivsweat: Things just cost heaps here.

Can't wait to travel!!!  XD

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:12:53 AM by Tumbles »

(click to show/hide)

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #2122 on: May 06, 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
This may sound ridiculous, but I just spent an hour trying to get past a small section in Sniper Elite that had such a high difficulty curve it was almost impossible on the difficulty I have it set on. The game can be fairly tricky most of the time on the highest setting but this was something else.

Basically I completed the main objective of a mission, and as usual you have to exfiltrate back out. However, this time it says "eliminate Russian sniper team converging on your position". So I start to leave and there are these two sharpshooters which are swiftly taken out since it is indoors.

Then I went outside, fairly cautious since there is a sniper team around maybe about five men. No. There are 14 snipers, three of which are fairly retarded, but the rest were near impossible. Eight were hidden in buildings, four were on the ground and the other two I shot earlier. All of these guys in the buildings except one were hidden is such a way that the only way to see them was to get within their line of sight, and quite possibly have your brains removed in the process. If you manage to locate them, usually because they killed you last time round so now you know their position, you have to take aim, judging for bullet drop and wind speed, before the other guy puts an extra breathing hole in your forehead.

There were no checkpoints for this part, so everytime you died they were all back in their positions. Meaning that one slight error or miscalculation would see you respawned at the start. I also didn't realize the snipers on the ground stalked you so a couple of times I turned around to see someone a few meters behind me, and then see him shoot me back into the wall.

About an hour later, because I refused to give up, I got my revenge on them and took out all but one sniper. He was in a church tower, behind a stone window. I stood up to take the shot, and as I did he fired, and hit me. The scope lurched sideways and I missed. As I tried to pull the aim back over him I could see the bolt getting pulled back and him fire again.

It was intense. A bit irritating. But intense all the same.

Tumbles

« Reply #2123 on: May 06, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
That sounds addictively irritating.  :seraismile: Reminds me of the final level of Rainbow Six Vegas 2, where you're on a tennis court with no cover, surrounded by heaps of guys and a freaking helicopter. The only objective is "Survive."

Also, why is it always Russians? ???

(click to show/hide)

Merlandese

« Reply #2124 on: May 06, 2012, 03:53:57 PM »
Die Hard 5 To Have 2 Russian Villains

Always Russian villains. Always.

--------
My original compositions on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Merlandese c:
--------

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #2125 on: May 06, 2012, 03:55:33 PM »
It's alright because they are Marxists. Actually in this game it is set in WWII so there is a genuine reason for them to be there.

Merlandese

« Reply #2126 on: May 06, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
They should drop the past battles and skip to the future more often.

I want them to hurry up and make the enemies part of a global corporate entity, fighting because their lives are so heavily reliant on a specific corporation that it represents their culture, nationalism, and government. I want the living benefits of that corporation to be so fantastic that people are glad to enlist in the militaristic section--one that has been necessarily constructed for the growth and survival of the corporation against real nations--rather than relocate themselves and their families to "less evil" ways of living in different sections of the world.

--------
--------

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #2127 on: May 06, 2012, 04:21:22 PM »
Big Mac wants you to join the McDonald's militia today.

Tumbles

« Reply #2128 on: May 06, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
I smell a Fleuret Blanc shooter spin-off in the works.  XD

(click to show/hide)

Merlandese

« Reply #2129 on: May 06, 2012, 05:38:15 PM »
Sponsored by FOIL brand energy drinks.

--------