Author Topic: Making games?  (Read 61 times)

Wuuuu

Making games?
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:35:54 PM »
So... I've always wanted to be a game maker (English is not my primary language, I literaly learned it from Runescape  :seraismile: ) So far, I haven't found a guide that I could comprehend. I don't understand coding, scripting, what a sprite is, etc.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:55:16 AM by Wuuuu »

Roxaszu

Re: Making games?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
So... I've always wanted to be a game maker (English is not my primary language, I litteraly learned it from Runescape  :seraismile: ) So far, I haven't found a guide that I could comprehend. I don't understand coding, scripting, what a sprite is, etc. I want to know because there's quite a chance I won't make it to high school to learn game design. (Left my school where I could get my secondary diploma for high school, I'm in another school where you can't get it, so I'm going to do a program where you could get it by studying by yourself and do the exams somewhere else)

Hi Wuuuu,
Welcome,
First of all, what do you want to learn about making game ?
well, some of us (Or maybe most of us here that I know) we are using RPG Maker Software,
It's a really simple software that will help you to make your own game without have to understand a lot about coding and stuff (As long as you have the logic, it'll do just fine). and also it's easy enough to learn by your own, so it might be a good start.

So, Do you want to use RPG Maker for making your game ?

If you wanna a brief explanation about RPG Maker, read this one :
(click to show/hide)

=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Note :
- English isn't my main language too, and I think I'll need some improvement too, so, yeah... let's learn together :)
- I think coding is same as scripting in the RPG Maker world
- RPG Maker using "Ruby Script language"
- Sprite is the picture of your character or something that can move in your game besides picture
- You can watch youtube to learn more or just explore from other games that was made from RPG maker (You have to install first though)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:02:28 AM by Roxaszu »

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:15:04 PM »
If you want to start learning how to make games outside of RPG Maker I would recommend trying out the free version of the Unity 3D Engine.

You have a choice between using Unityscript and C# for the programming and there are some fairly concise guides out there which I could link you to, all of which go through the basics of creating a game, step-by-step.

There are also a lot of free community assets out there, so if you are like me and your modelling skills are non-existent at best you can simply download some that fit the theme of your game.

If you are interested I'll look up some of the excellent videos which helped me during my university course.

Wuuuu

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »
Thanks for the help. Will try it out.

* Recent Media

Eva Rosalene Chibi

Views: 422
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Neil Watts Chibi

Views: 392
Posted by: Anime_Stars