Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wouldn’t it be possible to keep the spouse from dying AND keep the patient’s memory of the happy marriage?
Fan Works / I want to write a fic but all I have is an ethical dilemma?
« Last post by Marzo on Today at 10:26:03 PM »
Hello everyone! I just played FP and dived into TtM as well, and I am totally in love with this whole world and especially the SigCorp concept. I think the implications of the whole thing are really interesting. I wasn't sure where else to put this, but since it's related to fan works, I thought I'd try here. Basically, I have an idea, and I was wondering if anyone found it interesting enough to help me develop it into a story?

A hypothetical scenario occurred to me that I really like the idea of exploring; essentially, someone is happily married, but in their past had a fiance/spouse who had died. Neil and Eva realize that for the patient to die happy, they have to choose between erasing the memories of the person entirely (even though they are the source of some of said patient's happiest memories) or stopping the person from dying, even though that would erase all memories of the patient's real, very happy marriage.

My problem is...that's kind of all I've got. I guess what I'm wondering is a) Is this a good idea, or maybe too similar to erasing River in TtM? b) If anyone likes the idea, if they might be interested in helping me plot it. Not writing it or anything, just developing the initial idea, as maybe a beta?

(Also, first post! :D Nice to meet you all!)
Finding Paradise - Discussion / Re: Finding Paradise
« Last post by Multiuniverse on Today at 08:48:38 PM »
The motorcycle person confuses me the most, since Neil sees her in the real world.
Unless it's not the real world and everything in FP is already being relived inside someone's memories using Neil's machine that now - after the events from FP - has a copy of Faye. Most likely Eva's memories specifically, if we link this to that one creepy moment from the second Minisode.

That would mean the whole FP is an altered memory of altering someone's memory.

That or the motorcycle is completely irrelevant

Yeah, I feel like there were quite a few red herrings. For example, the title, the title screen, and the painting of Bora Bora seemed to imply that his wish involves going there.

The Hibiscus also imply that
« Last post by TheFlyingMarlin on Today at 08:45:25 PM »
The motorcycle person confuses me the most, since Neil sees her in the real world.
Unless it's not the real world and everything in FP is already being relived inside someone's memories using Neil's machine that now - after the events from FP - has a copy of Faye. Most likely Eva's memories specifically, if we link this to that one creepy moment from the second Minisode.

Yeah, I feel like there were quite a few red herrings. For example, the title, the title screen, and the painting of Bora Bora seemed to imply that his wish involves going there.
« Last post by Multiuniverse on Today at 08:38:09 PM »

« Last post by JDoobs on Today at 08:23:33 PM »
Thank you Kan and team for all of your hard work on this game. I truly believe what you are doing here elevates video game narratives to a level that should be strived for by all developers. It's not about features, it's not about graphics, it's not about game modes. It's about giving someone a meaningful experience. It's about coming away from that experience with just a little more wisdom and caring then you had before. These games, the stories they tell, and the music that accompanies them, speak to me in a way that so very few games truly have in my decades of experience with the medium.

Bravo Freebird. I will continue to encourage my friends to experience your work as I have. and I eagerly await my next opportunity to take a journey with you.
Team Française / Re: Traduction de Finding Paradise ?
« Last post by Aile Lune on Today at 07:10:52 PM »
Ouah Corneille, j’espérais qu’on te reverrait ! Bon retour :)

Kan est effectivement au courant, j’ai été en contact avec lui par MP. Il m’a donné plusieurs codes, je vais t’en envoyer un par MP de ce pas. Quant aux peluches, Kan m’a dit “I know it's not what you're doing it for, but I'd like to send you guys some compensation for the help once the dust settles, if that's alright!” Donc… qui sait, on va peut-être recevoir quelques goodies !
Finding Paradise - Discussion / Volume Help
« Last post by Cmorgan91721 on Today at 06:47:56 PM »
The game is far too loud and my computer volume is already pretty low. How do I turn down the game?
Team Deutsch / Re: Deutsche Übersetzung von Finding Paradise
« Last post by Thunderbird on Today at 05:19:53 PM »
Stand momentan:
Ich kümmer mich darum die aktuellen Spieldateien zu bekommen und die Dialoge in eine Exceldatei zu transferieren/aufzubereiten.
Da Weihnachten/Neujahr mit Familienbesuchen dazwischenliegt, denk ich mal, dass es Anfang Januar mit der Übersetzung losgehen sollte.

Hallo! Ich würde mich auch sehr gerne an der Übersetzung von Finding Paradise beteiligen. Habe sowas nur leider vorher noch nie gemacht, aber ich bemühe mich, mich schnell einzuarbeiten. Würde mich sehr freuen, falls ich helfen kann! :)
Beim Probelesen/Probespielen der Übersetzung werden wir auf jeden Fall noch Hilfe brauchen :)
Falls wir bei der Übersetzung selber noch Hilfe brauchen, werd ich hier im Forum Bescheid geben.
Team Française / Re: Traduction de Finding Paradise ?
« Last post by Corneille2178 on Today at 04:00:01 PM »
Bonjour tout le monde !

Ca fait plaisir de vous retrouver ! Moi aussi je suis prêt à recommencer, et je pense que je pourrai jouer au jeu et attaquer la traduction pendant ces vacances.

J'ai quand même deux questions :
-Question bête tout d'abord... Kan est au courant ? Est-ce qu'il a manifesté explicitement qu'il pouvait avoir besoin de nous ? Peut-être qu'avec le succès du premier volet, il compte maintenant faire appel à une entreprise. Vous en avez bien parlé avec lui ?

-Si oui, a-t-il été question qu'il nous offre d'abord des clés pour qu'on joue au jeu ? Il nous en avait offert beaucoup par reconnaissance après la traduction de TTM, et là je trouverais bête d'en acheter une pour FP s'il nous en donne après. S'il n'en a pas parlé, est-ce que l'un d'entre vous échange régulièrement avec lui et peut lui demander ? Un  :platquack: en peluche serait cool aussi... https://www.wildrepublic.com/en/platypus-stuffed-animal-12-class

Il faudra se donner des nouvelles IRL aussi, par messages privés ! Killmehill, je t'enverrai un petit paragraphe pour le  fil "L'équipe".

A dans quelques jours,

Stéphane
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10