Author Topic: Bits of Toast  (Read 26401 times)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
Re: Bits of Toast
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2017, 06:16:14 PM »

some randomness putting Neil in different styles. Left is a basic chibi, tried to make the hair similar to the actual sprite. the face is visibly lopsided though, which makes me sad. Middle was a try at an A1 Pictures / SAO basic anime style. I actually dislike Sword Art Online, but it's kind of iconic just in how generic it looks. Right was in an Ace Attorney style... which is difficult. But I love the series' combination of realistic and cartoony.

Simple sketch with Eva and Neil. I don't like it enough to put it in my fan art thread though, there's something wrong with the body proportions.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2017, 10:56:08 PM »
...the face is visibly lopsided...

...there's something wrong with the body proportions...
*Stares at beautiful pieces or art*

Idk what's you're on about, these are great! :)

I like the different styles. I miss-took it as kid, teenage and adult Neil at first XD

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2017, 08:30:59 AM »
It has been a while, your work is magnificant!
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2017, 10:25:13 AM »
Thanks guys!
I like the different styles. I miss-took it as kid, teenage and adult Neil at first XD
Honestly, it does look like that! Maybe due to the general age groups the styles portray; chibis are supposed to look little and cute, SAO is about teenagers mostly, and Ace Attorney is mostly about people who are adults.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2018, 01:58:14 PM »

There are some things in life you just can't understand, like the reason why I enjoy the Cars movies.
Seriously; is it because I went on the Radiator Springs Racers ride in California Adventure BEFORE I watched any of the movies in their entireties? that would make it some kind of reverse nostalgia... I know Cars isn't Pixar's best set of movies, but somehow I like them anyway. In addition to being totally baffled by a universe populated with only vehicles.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:09:00 PM by EatingToastYay »

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2018, 07:38:15 AM »
migueeeellllll

he's adorable in the film i just wanna pinch his cheeks or something  XD
From the movie Coco which is just amazing and wonderful. it's a crime not to watch it!

oh also there's this

there's weird coloring in the shadows bc it was originally on a blue/green background, but I removed it for this.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:41:04 AM by EatingToastYay »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2018, 01:29:44 AM »
it's a crime not to watch it!
Than consider me a criminal XD

I really do wanna watch it eventually though.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2018, 01:18:01 PM »
i'm still alive lol

^^^ this character doesn't belong to me btw

^^^ replicating styles of artists I know (mostly on Scratch). character is from Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comics

^^^ self portrait using a mirror. Doesn't look entirely right, but it was my first one so i guess it's fine.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: sad sad
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2018, 07:07:26 PM »
Ooo! Nice to see you're back!

And nice job on the drawings! They look great!  :)
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2018, 05:33:40 AM »
You did better than my first self portrait >u<

That second image I almost mistook for Alice Angel from Bendy and the Ink Machine (not her in-game self, just the character in general).

It's interesting to see a character in multiple styles :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:01:12 PM by Dragon Mage »

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2018, 02:17:49 PM »
Ahhh I'm still here lol!
First, let me introduce you to a cool cartoon that aired on YouTube in May: Emara Emirates Hero! It features Arabic characters as superheroes defending the city of Dubai and it's both adorable and kind of intense. I drew a bunch of fan art of a couple of the characters.
This bunch of drawings was all for a project I made on Scratch about the series:

Just to annoy you and make you go watch Emara, I'm not going to tell you who these characters actually are  :P
A couple of doodles~

Okay, all of those took up a lot of space, so I'll put the rest of my new art in a spoiler:
Spoiler: show

Hm, I haven't really drawn that much lately, so these are actually a bit old, but:

um was there something wrong with me when I drew this? I can't remember...

ok now a more normal one, of Phantom R and Marie from Rhythm Thief: The Emperor's Treasure

oh this is where my new signature came from, it's a drawing I made for my user profile on an online course I'm taking:

The first two characters are from Emara (but again I won't tell u who they are), then Eva and Neil bc they are just that awesome, and then Chat Noir and Ladybug from Miraculous Ladybug (that show is kind of my guilty pleasure, I know it's not that good but I still love it anyway), and finally an adult Luke Triton and Professor Layton from the Professor Layton series (I'm following the anime it has rn, Layton Mystery Tanteisha, and it's actually really good at some points)

had to put this outside the other spoiler tab bc nesting doesn't work and this needs um nudity warning? I mean it doesn't really show anything but... idk why did I draw this it's not even realistically proportioned. Maybe I was just feeling "edgy" or something

more like empty space warning why is there so much space

oke I'll be drawing some more now~

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2018, 11:14:03 PM »
Glad to see some cool new work from ya, Toast. :) Seems like you've been busy!

That show sure has some interesting character design, and seems like a fun style to work with. I also particularly enjoy the perspective on that waterfall one, and the sense of height with the distant forest -- I remember visiting Maya ruins in Mexico some years ago, and thinking how difficult it was to show perspective/height of distant forest with pictures taken; but your drawing somehow did it impressively well. :o

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »
Thanks, Reives! Wow, the Mayan ruins? That must have been awesome, I've only ever seen pictures of places like that! As for the perspective effect, maybe it was that gray color I added for mist towards the back of the forest, though I'm not entirely sure myself.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2018, 09:06:47 PM »
I agree with Reives, the waterfall picture is amazing! :gothat!: And hey, I know that song in the last picture! :)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2018, 08:47:47 PM »
I forgot to reply to you, DM, but thank you!
Some more Emara art -- it's gotten stuck in my brain now, so this is probably what you'll see for the rest of the summer (/winter for u southern peeps)

These two were made with gradient mapping, which i was trying out at the time (it's actually pretty cool, you guys should look it up!) Zeina (the lady w/ blonde hair) turned out okay but the proportions I used for this particular set looked real weird on Ali (dude w/ red hair)

Different style take on Zeina and Ali, but somehow I messed up Ali once again, this time because of the angle...

Do any of you recognize these costumes? Also now I did a weird on both Ali and Zeina's drawings. The first two characters are Emara/Moza (girl in red) and Dhabian/Sultan (guy in black)

Okay, these last two I'm pretty proud of. First, one of Sultan/Dhabian. Bit of context, it's not really a spoiler: Sultan joins Emara as his alter-ego Dhabian, fighting crime and gaining her trust, but he has an ulterior motive bc (unbeknownst to her) he works for a large organization led by Zeina that is seeking information and connections with Emara for a mysterious reason. He grows to like Emara, though, and begins to question his role in Zeina's plans.

Then a small one of Zeina, experimenting with limited colors. There's something cool about Zeina to me  :kardiansmile:

Hope y'all have been doing well!

* Recent Media

Johnny and River

Views: 769
Posted by: chronotron12
in: To the Moon
Eva and Neil plushies

Views: 798
Posted by: kikikai
in: To the Moon