Author Topic: Latest Quintessence Version  (Read 6461 times)

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Mod
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Latest Quintessence Version
« on: May 13, 2015, 02:58:25 AM »
Alongside with the work on Prion, I will also update the original chapters of Quintessence.

Download Link to the test version:
currently on request

I will save a detailed log about the changes, so Kan can see what he approves of.

Quintessence Chapter 1-11 Version 1.1 (unfinished) Changelog

Menues:
- menue background and windowskin are changed for all menues and shops

Battlesystem:

Game Changes:

Bugfixes:

Planned changes:
- Hint System where to go next [high priority]
- changing the exploration segment in Aeria (players often get stuck there) [high priority]
- Upgrade of the battle system (this will be tough to do)
- rework of the swamp/ruins map
- updating the candle sprites to actually go out when interacting with them

Bugs to fix:
- in the current version it's possible to make endless money with golden eggs
- Game breaking bug: http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=5970.0
- Small stuff [low priority]: http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=6109.0

Maybe:
- minimap system for all cities
- some changes to the sunlight effects
- longer battlesong

Progress on the Prion chapter can be found here:
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4823.0
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:25:00 AM by Thunderbird »
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Mod
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
Re: Latest Quintessence Version
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 03:07:28 AM »
Update:

Menue design overhaul

The old windowskin suffered a lot when being stretched into big boxes, making it all blurry.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:10:15 AM by Thunderbird »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 03:51:00 AM »
Ooh the new menu looks cool :) I will miss the old design though. Hope you're not planning to change the battle system entirely, I kinda like the running around thing.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Mod
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 04:04:09 AM »
Ooh the new menu looks cool :) I will miss the old design though. Hope you're not planning to change the battle system entirely, I kinda like the running around thing.

I also really like some parts of the battle system, I will try to keep most parts the same or similar.
That being said, editing the battle system is very difficult, not sure how much progress I will make.

A Fat Kid

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 05:04:36 AM »
Erm, shouldn't we be focusing on Chapter XII first? I thought the idea was to finish the entire thing first before a full rework is considered.

I don't think most of the things listed in the to-do list are high priority. My biggest gripes with the current Quintessence are:

- The entire snake ruins section is just filler. Totally unnecessary. Just remove it entirely.
- Numerous grammatical errors throughout the entire game.
- Not knowing what to do in Chapter V, Aeria, and Chapter VIII, at the winter carnival.
- Lack of character development for Serai prior to Chapter VI, making her
Spoiler: show
"death"
have little effect on the player.
- Some pathing errors

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Mod
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 07:03:48 AM »
Erm, shouldn't we be focusing on Chapter XII first? I thought the idea was to finish the entire thing first before a full rework is considered.

Yeah, focus is on Prion. In this case the upgrade of the menues also affected previous chapters, which initiated me doing the necessary post for the Quintessence updates. I might do the quest log (actually next objective would a better term) before, because it's one of the most important changes and requires a replay of the whole game, which I do for Prion anyway.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »
- The entire snake ruins section is just filler. Totally unnecessary. Just remove it entirely.
- Numerous grammatical errors throughout the entire game.
- Not knowing what to do in Chapter V, Aeria, and Chapter VIII, at the winter carnival.
- Lack of character development for Serai
First off, I really like Quintessence and I'd hate to see any part of the game deleted/taken out. Is the snake ruins where you go to retrieve Lunair's coins? Cos if so, I use that place to level up mostly and it's also good for extra character developement for those two (even if they don't need it).
I've noticed some grammical and spelling errors like someone saying "hay" instead of "hey" but I think I'll leave that to the professionals :reivsweat:
I would admit a task menu and map would be helpful. In chapter V and chapter VIII I just wondered endlessly until I found out what I needed to do.
Last thing, yes I would definintly agree with that. Serai ended up being a charater I didn't really know or like (judging by my post in the Lunair vs Serai thread) in my opinion I think to give Serai more character developement and to make her more likeable would mean to change the story or parts of the game drasticly. But then again I have no knowledge of this so again, I'll leave this matter to the professionals.

Is Kan ok with this?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:48:09 PM by Dragon Mage »

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Mod
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »
Is Kan ok with this?

If something isn't approved by Kan, it will be removed.
I don't plan on doing changes to the existing storyline, so character development issues will have to wait until Kan comes back.
Something like a quest log is no problem (and I already told Kan that I want to do that).

If you find spelling / grammatical errors, please report them to me ^^

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 05:39:54 PM »
Oh my gosh, this is actually moving forwards :D Huzzah!

PonyFlare

• Tier 2
  • Flame on!
  • Current Mood: confused confused
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 03:14:43 PM »
I might do the quest log (actually next objective would a better term) before, because it's one of the most important changes and requires a replay of the whole game, which I do for Prion anyway.

Well, I just signed up here (After finally getting around to finishing TtM) and have yet to play Quintessence. This particular line makes me not want to play it at all until the quest log is included since a forced replay because of game updates would be annoying, at best.

It has been nearly a year since this last update, so I'm wondering what progress has been made towards including this quest log into the whole game...

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Mod
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »
I might do the quest log (actually next objective would a better term) before, because it's one of the most important changes and requires a replay of the whole game, which I do for Prion anyway.

Well, I just signed up here (After finally getting around to finishing TtM) and have yet to play Quintessence. This particular line makes me not want to play it at all until the quest log is included since a forced replay because of game updates would be annoying, at best.

It has been nearly a year since this last update, so I'm wondering what progress has been made towards including this quest log into the whole game...

Sadly not much progress there (we made some progress on the next chapter though),
my priorities on work are currently on some Finding Paradise related stuff, then Prion and then the other changes on Quintessence (while having to work full time atm, so everything is snail-speed).

We probably will provide savefiles from each chapters, so you wouldn't have to replay everything due to an update. You still might have to replay it due to not knowing the story anymore, because it will probably take a long time until Quintessence is finished.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:51:37 AM by Thunderbird »

Jade

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 09:16:39 AM »

Yes it may make u hesitate but i can say u one thing.
U will regret unless u play this game cause it is so good.
And u will regret if u play this game cause u have to wait.

But Reives said that he will work on it as soon as he finish Finding Paradise.
And also, most of smilies used here ( :) :seraismile: :-\  ;D :kardiansmile:  :3 :D)are characters of it so after playing it u will use them more enjoyably!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 02:58:07 PM »
Well, I just signed up here (After finally getting around to finishing TtM) and have yet to play Quintessence.
Quintessence is a really good game, you should totally play it! The characters are awesome, the storyline is amazing (having been made years ago) and it has an anime element to it which, imo, makes it even better :)

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 217
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 422
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon