Author Topic: I Have Something Really Important To Tell You Guys  (Read 766 times)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: creative creative
I Have Something Really Important To Tell You Guys
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
I have something I really need to tell you guys. Please don't think that I have kept this from you guys because of any reason other than me being nervous to tell you. If you have any questions PM me, or reply to this thread, I am happy to answer them, if it means that it will make you guys understand it more or accept it more.

I am transgender. FTM. Female To Male. So I was born female, the way you guys know me, but I identify as male. So I go by male pronouns (He, Him, His), if you have called me by female pronouns or my birth name in the past through a screenshot or a post, don't feel embarrassed, or don't feel the need to delete it, it's fine, you didn't know. And it's fine if it takes you guys some time to adjust to it.
The reason I am coming out now, as opposed to earlier is because I am now on Testosterone!  :mimihat:

I was also very worried on what you guys would think. On a forum it's hard to tell what everyone's going to think, as every single person comes from a different culture, country, beliefs, household, etc. So there's bound to be a wide variety of views. And that's okay, but it does make it scary. Another reason is that this is a GAMING forum, and sometimes gaming communities aren't that progressive in terms of this stuff.

Even though I am coming out now, this was not something that happened overnight, I have been identifying as transgender for around 3 or 4 years now. And have been living full time (living in real life as male 24/7) for 2 years. I have gotten my name changed legally, and this forum is one of the only places I am really not out on. I have also shown many signs of being trans when I was really young, and this has been a long time coming.

Please try not to think of me any differently, I am still the same person you've always known, I am just going by different pronouns.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

StarwindD6

• Tier 2
  • Everything's alright so long as the beacon shines
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: I Have Something Really Important To Tell You Guys
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
Hey, that's perfectly fine!  :)  And really, this is just a place where we mainly talk about (really good) games and maybe leave a thing or two about ourselves. I can't see all the talk about genders and sexualities and hormones, for and against, and whatever else that could be going on in the rest of the net really making anyone any different here.

Besides, I'm sure that the kinds of people who would come here (for the games) would be understanding too. It's good to let this out if you think you should, and it makes it easier for you, too!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 10:17:11 PM »
Oh my gosh! O_O I had no idea! I always thought you were female because of how you sounded in the voice chat.

Don't worry this doesn't change my opinion of you, it just means I was right all along (I'm sure I assumed you were male when I registered here all those years ago XD ) and it's still fun to play DST with you and all that :)

Wait if your voice gonna get deeper? Oh that would be so weird (and kinda cool) if it does :P

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »
Wait if your voice gonna get deeper? Oh that would be so weird (and kinda cool) if it does :P
Yep, my voice will get deeper now, because I will be on Testosterone! It's going to be so cool!  :vikonsmile:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 11:19:00 PM »
Yep, my voice will get deeper now, because I will be on Testosterone! It's going to be so cool!  :vikonsmile:
Omg, can't wait to get my voice chat stuff fixed now :) (I seem to have lost the webcam I used the microphone of :facepalm: )

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:20:12 AM »
Omg, can't wait to get my voice chat stuff fixed now :) (I seem to have lost the webcam I used the microphone of :facepalm: )
Shame you lost your webcam! Hope you can find it again! Or get a new one....

SinnyVic

• Tier 4
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:54:13 AM »
Interesting; so that's the story behind PoisonRabbit and EgotisticalRaven?

Well, I hope you don't end up regretting your decision. As long as you're happy or on a path to happiness, I wish you the best. And, hopefully any backlash from communities (you're a part of) has been minimal.

Although, it seems to me that media tends to obsess more over MTF. I've heard about League of Legend's Remilia, StarCraft II's Scarlett and SpeedRunsLive's Narcissa Wright, but not much about any FTM off the top of my head. So, that's interesting, I suppose. It's probably been blown out of proportion by some men uncomfortable with their confused bon-...

Bon bons. Bon bons with confused swirly icing on top. That's what I meant. Nailed it. *Fist Pump*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not sad, just depressed.

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »
Ooohhhh, I had no idea. I also considered you a female like DM. Well now I know the real story....

Don't worry so much Raven. I still think of you as a really cool person.  :)
I'm still alive. Programming subject has yet to kill me

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 08:25:21 PM »
Omg, PoisonRabbit could totally be your female persona XD

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »
Interesting; so that's the story behind PoisonRabbit and EgotisticalRaven?

Well, I hope you don't end up regretting your decision. As long as you're happy or on a path to happiness, I wish you the best. And, hopefully any backlash from communities (you're a part of) has been minimal.

Although, it seems to me that media tends to obsess more over MTF. I've heard about League of Legend's Remilia, StarCraft II's Scarlett and SpeedRunsLive's Narcissa Wright, but not much about any FTM off the top of my head. So, that's interesting, I suppose.

So many times I will look at how I acted in online spaces and it mirrors transition! XD

I don't think I will end up regretting it at all, but it's really hard to tell, as it's impossible to know the sort of person you'll be in 10 years. A lot of trans people worry that they'll end up detransitioning, but it's very rare. And a lot of people who have detransitioned say that they didn't regret being trans.

And luckily I haven't gotten too much backlash, probably because I am a bit picky with the communities I join. YouTube's the worse place though, whenever I make a comment in the comment section about being trans (because it's relevant to the conversation), I am  greeted with hate, never read the YouTube comments....

Yeah, it's really hard to find FTM characters in anything, which is really annoying... And most of the video games with FTM people in it, are not even on Steam!  :reivsweat:

I 100% am on board with this idea!  XD

Ooohhhh, I had no idea. I also considered you a female like DM. Well now I know the real story....

Don't worry so much Raven. I still think of you as a really cool person.  :)

Thanks! I consider you a cool person too! And now you're even cooler in my eyes because you accept me!  :fezesarecool:

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
Aye, best of wishes with the transition, Raven. c: I'm sure there will be things along the way that'd be difficult, but you sound determined to overcome them -- Here's to hoping you reach that light at the end of the tunnel soon.

:gothat!:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 12:46:56 AM »
1. And luckily I haven't gotten too much backlash, probably because I am a bit picky with the communities I join. YouTube's the worse place though, whenever I make a comment in the comment section about being trans (because it's relevant to the conversation), I am  greeted with hate, never read the YouTube comments....

I 100% am on board with this idea!  XD

1. Yeah that's why I stick with forums and friend circles. YouTube (and Tumblr, I think) is where all the haters hang out. Best to stay away from them, even if you're a little different :/

Luckily, I'm one of the very accepting people. I support anyone who's gay, trans and every other sexuality/gender under the sun because they're still human :) I would say the same thing about animals but that's a subject for another day :P

2. I feel like drawing it now XD

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 03:20:22 AM »
Meanwhile on Discord...

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 313
Posted by: cydriex