Author Topic: Dragon Mage's Drawing Pad  (Read 92468 times)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Dragon Mage's Drawing Pad
« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2018, 09:04:17 PM »

How fitting with Winter being so close. This all they'll need ;) (I would have done a Summer one but the draft wasn't looking promising so I scrapped it).
omg where I am, it's almost summer  O_O that's really weird to think about...
Probably cos you're in the northern hemisphere where the seasons are opposite. Let's just say the cold is doing no favors for my hands :reivsweat:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2018, 10:33:48 PM »
More drawings!

Shinebug Pets:

I was lucky the Ranching Upgrade in Oxygen Not Included came out when it did or this image would look boring and generic. Especially Blinky since he was gonna be a normal shinebug with some slight colour hue.

King of the Crockpot:

Based of a DST screenshot from Raven: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1254343315

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll let us use it... eventually ^^; I used my design for draglom here and it came out well :) though I think drawing all those Spyro themed pieces helped (also I didn't have the screenshot as a ref but how did I know the hunger was that low? >u>;; )

Wigfrid and Wilson in a Nutshell:

If me and Raven roleplayed our characters, it's probably look something like this though given what we do in-game. it isn't too far off. I mean I go on exploration adventures while he stays at/near base gathering resources. It's a good balance.

Also I drafted this while I was looking into a possible WigfridxWilson ship. Let's just say it was left in the dust by more popular ships (though I've seen ship art of Willow and Wes so maybe it's not impossible. Still this ship will most likely be directly related to the DragonxRaven ship ;P )
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:15:36 AM by Dragon Mage »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2018, 01:18:45 AM »
Some ONI art and OC stuffs!

Ok so first off, I made a couple collages of sketches used in RPs with some friends (mostly of this neko dupe, Whiskers) and wanted to put them together. They're quite bit so I suggest clicking on them or opening them up in a new tab to see them fully. Also the second one is more shippy, just a warning:

Spoiler: show

Ori Dupe:

Thought this one was good enough to get it's own separate upload.

Timmy the Gryphon:

A bit messy but this was another sketch I liked.

A Chance Meeting:

Possibly a prequel to the Otto image in an earlier post :P

Fun fact: I actually uploaded a draft of this to DA over a year ago, thinking I was never gonna finish this piece.

You can see the obvious changes/improvements to my style. It's kinda like one of my redraws only unintentional ^^;

Hopefully more stuff soon!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:18:05 AM by Dragon Mage »

Sirius

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: annoyed annoyed
« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2018, 02:01:07 PM »
Oh, if it isn't the famed Dragon artist, I can barely contain my excitement.
It's yet another bombardment of true works of art, it's simply too much excitement for me to handle!
Do me a favor, will you? Put your masterpieces in spoiler tags for me, so I can enjoy all of them one by one and not be overwhelmed by my agitation. The spoilers will help me contain my excitement and I'm sure they'll just add to the thrill!
Keep up the great work.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2018, 05:44:45 AM »
As old (and possibly cringy) the Uganda Knuckles meme is, I found the meme funny and drew this back when it was still alive. I just didn't get to finish it till recently:

Extra (this came a little later):

New Planet (Fur and Scales):

Admittedly not my best drawing but I wanted to finish it anyway. Probably my last Ria x Whiskers piece (least fully coloured/finished version).

Chibi Tea:

Drew this a few months ago when Raven wasn't feeling well. Finished it just the other day.

Hot Temperatures:

Last summer was the hottest one I have ever experienced (last one for NZ was 30 years atleast). And I drew Bubbles (right) in the same predicament. Good think Joshua's there with some refreshing drinks (would have been orange juice in glasses on a tray but I couldn't get that to look right. The cans work fine though).

It's now Winter here but the pic works for Oxygen Not Included's Cosmic Upgrade. Space may be cold but the sun sure isn't :)

Sirius

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: annoyed annoyed
« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2018, 01:54:14 PM »
Ah, we are blessed once again with colorful explosions done upon virtual parchments. The common man could simply not comprehend the enlightenment these artworks beget!
Those memes sure are spicy. I do know the way, you do not have to ask.
Say, have you considered setting up a blog, or perhaps your own website, if you have not done so already, to display your timeless pieces of art? It does strike me as a bit inefficient to just show your superior work on small forums, to a small audience.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #441 on: June 10, 2018, 05:52:18 AM »
Why yes I do have other, possibly larger, websites where I upload art to but I don't wanna neglect Freebirdia. This was my first online forum I joined and uploading art here is just my tradition now.

Not everyone has to look at my thread here (and believe me, they don't ^^; ) but I like to upload it for the Freebirdian friends who don't use the same sites I do.

---

Seaside Ria:

I wanted to draw my persona sitting on a ledge, watching the sunset over the ocean with a city background. I Was too worried that I'd mess it up if I tried colouring it so you get this. Doesn't mean I won't ever revisit it in the future :)

Ria and Whiskers:

I think I told you guys I was planning to turn Whiskers from a dupe OC to a stand-alone OC? Well here's an older drawing I made while designing his outfit. Don't worry he's still have a dupe version, I just liked him so much I made another alteration of him :P

Also animu eyes >u< Placement could have been better but these ones still came out really well.

Bearded Dragon Fully Grown:

Ah my favorite pet skin from DST :) I decided to upgrade my design of him but the darker fur around the head didn't come out as well as I anticipated. Guess I'm sticking with light green afterall.

Sig-sona:

So there is a Discord/AU that exists for fans who want to throw themselves into the Sig universe, me included. So I made my own. There is a version with info but that's for the Discord and only to post here if we ever started an RP (hm, how would a Sigmund forum RP go?)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #442 on: June 12, 2018, 01:34:44 AM »
Ori and the Will of the Wisps:

After seeing the new E3 trailer, I had to draw some fanart! So I whipped this up in less than a day. The drawings could have been better but it still has a good overall outcome.

One other thing...

THE GAME HAS FRECKIN LIGHT SPEARS!!!

Edit: Almost forgot, here are the trailers/previews incase you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd0zbNw1VOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcvgrJxEDT4&
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:36:28 AM by Dragon Mage »

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #443 on: June 12, 2018, 05:38:27 AM »
I like the one of Ria looking at the sunset! Maybe you could make it digital and then try coloring it? You wouldn't have to worry about the original drawing if you did that.
Also maybe we should all have Sig-sonas in Freebirdia  :P wouldn't we make an interesting office?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »
I like the one of Ria looking at the sunset! Maybe you could make it digital and then try coloring it? You wouldn't have to worry about the original drawing if you did that.
Also maybe we should all have Sig-sonas in Freebirdia  :P wouldn't we make an interesting office?
I think we would. And maybe a forum RP to boot. But sadly there's not a lot of people here and idk if the Discord server wants to use these forums.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »
I like that your drawings have been getting more expressive over the years, DM. :) Especially like some of the ones in the June 3rd post.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #446 on: June 14, 2018, 03:49:03 AM »
Thanks Kan! Means a lot hearing that coming from you! :)

Oh speaking of drawings, Sunrider 2018:

Been a while since I drew my dragon OC (atleast in his original style). I quite like how it came out ^_^

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #447 on: July 13, 2018, 03:48:28 AM »
Gorge messed with my schedule and I couldn't get anything done in ages :reivsweat: but now I'm here and I bring artz!

Playful Ria:

(Spoilered just incase)

Original ref I used came from LeniProduction on DeviantArt.

Kelly and Liz:

A couple dupe OCs I sketched up a few months ago. Decided to upload them. Kelly is shy and socially awkward but is great with animals (so a veterinarian of sorts) while Liz is a spunky computer tech who specializes in software.

Embrace:

Drew this for Raven's birthday back in April but decided to upload it (cos... well... it's adorable) :)

Ria (Sigmund persona):

Related to a Discord server I'm in.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #448 on: September 20, 2018, 04:09:47 AM »
Whoo boy, I forgot to update this and now there's 12 piece of art to post -u-; (Also I just realized I posted my Sig-sona twice so I'm gonna edit that for sure).

Also spoilers for your convenience ^^;

Ria and Sunny:

I don't think I posted this. This a follow up image (actually I drew this before) for the Sigmund dragon AU. A better depiction of Sunrider's size.

Art process:

After the amount of work I put into draglom, I had to get the art process down.

Timmy the Gryphon:

I got this idea from another friend's OC. This guy is a young gryphon who's adorable and not that good at writing his own riddles. But one day he saw a video of those cool sports mascots. So energetic, friendly and can really pump up the crowd so he decided that's what he wants to be when he grows up. No one has the heart to tell him their just people in suits.

Blue Rabbit concepts:

Earlier drafts to compare the old version:

This is a fan species I made for an older Spyra story concept. They are a common prey animal in the Realm of Darkness (Dark Realm for short). Their design is certainly interesting, I enjoyed revamping it.

Blue rabbit: A rabbit-like creature with blue fur, more pointy ears, a long tail and wings. Females seem to have a more avian, feathery-like wing while males have purple webbed wings. Although their wings aren't strong enough to pic them up, these creatures have found other used for them.

Bengt the Blue Rabbit:

A blue rabbit character that Spyra meets in this realm. She finds out all about this land and how corrupt and monstrous it is. Spyra helps Bengt and the rest of the blue rabbits understand that they don't have to be the bottom of the food chain and accept their fate as another snack. Be stronger than you look. She helped them opened their eyes and realizes how far they've come when she sees them again.

Bengt Drawing Comparison:

Red in a Tree:

This was for a Discord art collab but I thought it was good enough to share by itself.

Skylo concepts:

Another character from the Dark Realm. Unlike Bengt he's a gritty survivor who trusts no one, not even Spyra at first but he has his reasons to hate the purple dragon.

Skylo Drawing Comparison:

Kage (a Don't Starve OC I redesigned):

So this guy started as a shadow much like Mr.Skits but aside from wanting to possess people and take their body as a permanent host, he wasn't much of a character.
The queen decided to make use of him and give him a temporary body made of nightmare fuel. Now as a human, he was tasked to watch survivors and report to the queen anything important he found out. However he will change forms in complete darkness and the full moon (and nightmare cycle in the caves which is a bit more unpredictable) and runs the risk of other survivors seeing him. If they did, he'd fail his mission and loose his body.

Triumphant Kage:

Made this a few days after the first one. Kage had a lot of hair concepts and I tried combining most of them at one point. I didn't want to scrap it so I used it here. As for the outfit, I thought the classic tux didn't suit him so I have him a more metal outfit. Though now he looks more suited for a rockstar/biker AU >u<

Last but not least! A Wilson meets Red comic update:

Man, remember this old thing? I haven't updated it in over a year ^^; Yes I'm currently working on part 11. Hopefully I'll have it out sometime next week (or next month depending on how much time I'm able to spent on it).

The story continues. (Also the visuals are way better, I even did a before and after shot :) )

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #449 on: September 21, 2018, 08:19:43 AM »
Ahh it's always awesome to see new art and OCs from you, DM! which one is your personal favorite?

* Recent Media

Johnny and River

Views: 767
Posted by: chronotron12
in: To the Moon
Eva and Neil plushies

Views: 797
Posted by: kikikai
in: To the Moon