Author Topic: Problem: Minisode 1 on Steam  (Read 5050 times)

charlesoboe

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Problem: Minisode 1 on Steam
« on: November 28, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »
Hello Reives,

sorry to disturb you again, especially at this time; but i think it IS important: it's about the Chinese Translation of Minisode 1 on Steam. To make it obvious what i mean, i have drawn a chart, as below:

As you can see, if a Chinese player downloads the Minisode 1 from STEAM, it will appear in English. Many players asked on BAIDU (百度帖吧) for help, because they couldn't find the Chinese Minisode 1; and we could only tell them that it was a bug, since - as far as I know - fay_envoy has informed you this issue some time ago and you couldn't fix it.

In last months we have helped many players, and we are always pleased to help more; but what about those players who didn't or won't ask? So i think it is the right time that you give the last try and fix this issue once and for all.

To make your work easier i have posted the Files that you will need, which also contain all known fixes, here:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/15Jm4e

Simply replace the files on Steam -> Chinese -> Minisode1 with this one, and I or fay_envoy will inform you immediately if that has worked.

thanks and best regards
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:48:21 PM by charlesoboe »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Problem: Minisode 1 on Steam
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
Hi Charles, aye, I remember that and was aware of the issue -- it was so strange; I went and tinkered with the setting many times but for some reason it wasn't changing it to the correct Chinese version. Then I included it in the main folder as a last resort for the time being, to at least have it available in some way.

I'll go try again, hopefully find something I missed. :) Thanks for the reminder.

charlesoboe

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 05:21:04 PM »
Thanks a lot. By the way, I would report that the LAST "Chinese" Minisode1 on Steam contains the

English "rgssad" game file

and a

Chinese "readme" txt file.

Just let you know.

It seams that the files were all mixed up; so I strongly suggest you delete them all first, and then upload the folder that I have posted above, since this contains all known fixes, which would make the game more compatible with Chinese Win7 Win8 and so an, just like what we have done to the Chinese Minisode2.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:46:30 PM by charlesoboe »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 09:23:12 PM »
Thanks for the file -- and sorry for the delay; I wasn't putting it off again, but this really is more of a strange glitch than it seems, and I've been scratching my head over it. Basically, I had the Chinese version in the upload folder for it (among many folders with different languages), but when it uploads, the version that results is one with files from multiple folders (i.e. Chinese readme and English .rgssad) -- that combination doesn't even exist in any source folders I have. :o

But I think I've finally figured out what happened -- apparently, there was another script somewhere that kept on copying over an English version over the Chinese one afterwards, hence mixing up the files and over-writing the .rgssad while still keeping the Chinese readme (because it was named differently). I still can't track down what script is doing this, though.

Still, having found that out, I've now implemented a solution (and with your most updated version) to at least have both the Chinese version and the English version of minisode 1 in the proper folder where they belong. :) I can't seem to get rid of the English one since it's related to that rogue script, but having both there probably isn't a problem anyhow.

Many thanks for your patience and help Charles! :music:

charlesoboe

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »
Hi Reives,

we have tested the DLC1. Yes, it is much better now, just... one thing... As far as I know, most of the players won't lunch the game manually from the specific directory, since STEAM seams to have some "Auto Run" function, and, if a Chinese player downloaded the DLC1, and let it "Auto Run", then the English Version will automatically come up, instead of the Chinese one. I know you can't get rid of the English one, but, if, I mean IF you can let the Chinese one "Auto Run", it would be even better.

I also knew that maybe you have to face the "rogue script" again... Although I think there are better expressions than "rogue", well, if the machine continues doings something strange, NO NEED TO LOSE ANY HAIR, and keep in mind that IT COULD BE WORSE...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:07:17 PM by charlesoboe »

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 540
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 845
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon