Author Topic: Japanese version?  (Read 2361 times)

Twitch

• Tier 2
Japanese version?
« on: November 29, 2014, 01:04:16 AM »
I saw that there was talk of a Japanese translation of the game happening, but the thread hasn't been updated since 2012 and I didn't see a Japanese language option already available for the game. What ever happened to that particular translation project?

The reason I'm asking is because I was going to try to send Hayao Miyazaki a translated letter through Studio Ghibli explaining the storyline and suggesting it in hopes that they might actually read it and offer to pick the game up and turn it into a movie. Mention that the game won an award, how the storyline is unique and emotional, all that good stuff. Even if Hayao Miyazaki is currently retired, his son Gorō also does similar style movies (one of which is called "From Up On Poppy Hill") so if Hayao is not interested in it maybe his son might be. But from what I've read they do not fully understand English, so it would make it that much harder to get them interested if they themselves could not understand the game to decide if they wanted to take it on. They speak Japanese.

I know it is a massive long shot that they would take it on, I don't need someone telling me how low the chances are, but I want to try nonetheless. I think they could really do the storyline justice.

So, in short, is the Japanese translation of the game still happening or has the project been abandoned?

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: Japanese version?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »
Welcome Twitch. :)

I think this is what you are looking for:
http://www.playism.jp/games/tothemoon/

Twitch

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »
Thank you for the link Ali! :)

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 12:58:09 AM »
You're welcome. :)

emankhan

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:29:10 PM »
Hi everyone!

A Bird Story was recently completed, and things were super hectic and time-intensive; with the game only having about 6-8 phrases/words to translate, it was mostly done by testers and folks who were active at the time.
eman

gaudintig

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 04:59:35 PM »
This is one of the greatest ideas I have ever seen since coming on this planet.

But what happened then ? Did you finally email Miyazaki ?

james_the_composer

• Tier 4
    • Takutogame
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 08:57:34 PM »
The only problem is that the Japanese are not welcoming of games from other countries for whatever reason, and play pc games rarely, and are even turning away from the console. A smartphone version has to be created.

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 530
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 826
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon