Author Topic: Française (French) Translation of To The Moon for Mac & Linux  (Read 5135 times)

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
 :broom:French speaking Mac & Linux users can finally play To The Moon in their language :)

French.zip

Mac Instructions:
- Open Steam, click on Library, Right Click on To The Moon, select Properties, go to Local Files tab, click on "Browse Local Files". It will show To The Moon.app in the Finder.
- Make a backup copy of your game files (To The Moon.app).
- Download French.zip.
- Extract French.zip, it contains two folders named "Data" and "Graphics".
- Right Click on To The Moon.app , click "Show Package Contents", navigate to Contents/Resources.
- Copy the "Data" and "Graphics" folders extracted from French.zip to this place. Replace the original folders with those you are copying.
- Start your game and most parts of it should be in French!

Linux Instructions:
- Open Steam, click on Library, Right Click on To The Moon, select Properties, go to Local Files tab, click on "Browse Local Files". It will show To The Moon folder in your file manager.
- Make a backup copy of your game files.
- Download French.zip.
- Extract French.zip, it contains two folders named "Data" and "Graphics".
- Copy the "Data" and "Graphics" folders extracted from French.zip to To The Moon's folder. Replace the original folders with those you are copying.
- Start your game and most parts of it should be in French!

Notes:
- You don't need to have the Steam version to use these translations, if you have got the game from HumbleBundle, it works for you too, just find the path your game is installed in.
- If you get an error on Mac that says this application is damaged, it is an issue with OS X Gatekeeper.
You have to run the unmodified English version once before applying this translation package, it is only needed once, after that you can always run your translated version.
(For that one-time run you can use your backed up English version or download the game again via Steam).

Credits:
Credits and thanks should go to the original translator(s) who made the Windows version, I have just ported that translation to Mac & Linux.
I will update this post if someone tells me the name(s) of the original translator(s).
I would also like to acknowledge the work done by these awesome people:
- Ancurio. All these ports are made possible by his great mkxp engine. I have based these translation ports on the work he has already done on the English port of the game. I have also used his fork of RGSS Editor for editing Scripts.rxdata files.
- Zeriab. He kindly explained the rxdata files to me and gave me scripts to extract scripts.rxdata files which really helped me in understanding what needs to be done.
- Thunderbird. If he did not give the Steam version as a gift to me, I would not be able to make many of these translation ports, since I owned the GOG version and it did not include some of the available translations. I have also learned from his guides what needs to be done to translate game menus and fix the Notes issue.

(Translation of this post would be appreciated  :) ).

Update May 13, 2014: Translation package updated to include translated menus (save, load, character biographies, etc.) and fix the issue that Notes appeared under Items.
Update May 15, 2014: Credits and Linux instructions added.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:27:23 AM by Ali »

Xzu

• Tier 2
Re: Française (French) Translation of To The Moon for Mac & Linux
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:53:44 AM »
Thank you.
But the link don't work for me.
I'm on linux, and I can't download on box site, nothing happen when I click on download (télécharger).
 :/

Sun

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:59:57 AM »
I can't download the files either, maybe they've been taken down on purpose. Because, maybe this was just a temporary fix until the French files had been uploaded to Steam. That usually takes a while.
Eli will know for sure when he sees your post.

In the meantime:
I'm just a Windows user, but the way I know it, you right-click To the Moon in your library, select "Properties", "Language" and then pick your language. And that's all you have to do. Steam will download and install the necessary files.
Does that not work on Linux?

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
If you are on Steam and the game has been updated in the past few months on your machine, the good news is it is already multi-language in a single package for Linux and Mac, all you need to do is pressing the F7 key when the game start, after you see the Freebird Games logo, it will show you a list of available languages.

If you have bought the game from other stores, it is possible that the Linux package has not been updated on such stores yet, please tell me which store it is and I will check it with Reives to know the status of the Linux package's update on that store.

BTW, as Sun has correctly pointed out, these translation packages were a temporary solution and they won't work with the latest versions of the game, they only work if you still have the old version from circa 2014.
For some unknown reason the link was not working for me when I first saw your post either, but it works now without any changes done by me, so it should have been a temporary glitch with box.

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 399
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 651
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon