Author Topic: You want to help translating the game ?  (Read 7393 times)

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
You want to help translating the game ?
« on: December 19, 2011, 04:38:01 AM »
You want to translate To the Moon in another language ? You don't see a sub board for your language ?
Let's talk about it here !
We will create a new board for you and your friends as soon as you have every information you need. This discussion is the place where you can have all these informations.

- Write your name in the Team Document :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am1xH4N2D_sedHBoS3N6eVhBOG5hbERpaHU3UHpRY2c&hl=fr#gid=0
There are commentaries in some columns. Look for red coins in the top of the table.

Nobody here talks german, french, russian, italian, indian, chinese and japanese at the same time ! We need every translator in this doc in order to coordinate !
There are risks that some work can be lost if you don't fill your line in the doc. So, please, write your name in the doc and give us the informations we are asking for.
By the way, we need these informations about you to credit you properly in the game. ;)

- Look in the forum to see if there is a board for your language :
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?board=55.0
If there is no board, we will create one.
If there is a board, join the corresponding team.

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPIC
Don't miss it ! SenorKaffee gives you everything you need !
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3397.msg141673

- Learn how to use DreaMaker :

Translating RPGMaker Games as a Team - with DreaMaker and Google Documents

You need to use DMK if you want to test your translation ingame.

DreaMaker last version
http://www.kadelfek.com/dreamaker

2011/12/19
The game cannot display asian characters for the time being. We are working on it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:10:39 AM by King Kadelfek »

Majin

• Tier 2
  • quoth the raven: nevermore
    • Jogabilidade
Re: You want to help translating the game ?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 06:24:52 AM »
Done! Pretty psyched to start working on my part! =)

blurymind

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:27:44 PM »
I wrote my name in the doc. The tutorial in the video (on dreamaker) requires the user to have a non encrypted version of the game. To get this one needs to contact the author himself. Is this correct?
How do I go about translating it. I have other people interested, but at least one of us needs to get the ball rolling.  :)

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »
I wrote my name in the doc. The tutorial in the video (on dreamaker) requires the user to have a non encrypted version of the game. To get this one needs to contact the author himself. Is this correct?
How do I go about translating it. I have other people interested, but at least one of us needs to get the ball rolling.  :)

Yes, you need to contact Reives.
Btw: Don't use the 3.8 version of Dreamaker, it's outdated and had some annoying bugs. 4.9.1 is afaik the newest version.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

DrAcid

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
Hello!

My friends and I would like to translate To the Moon to Georgian language. Is that possible?
How would one go about translating the text? I assume the fonts aren't a problem, as they are *.ttf...

Thank you!

miracle.flame

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »
Hello SenoKaffee,

It's been a while but your Translation tutorial video for RPGmaker and more respectively To the Moon is still being watched by people having an idea to translate To the Moon further. One of them is me and I was hoping to get this started - have an English-Slovak spreadsheet prepared, get unencrypted version of the game, install DreaMaker_XP-v4.9.1, translate some pages and have them test in game. How about that? I have already addressed Reives directly about a week ago but still no response. Yeah, I know it's been a while but this beautiful game is still missing Czech or Slovak translation which makes of the main Steam languages unavailable.

Hopefully this post will get things rolling, I am all prepared to make it happen.

fay_envoy

• Tier 3
  • Fay is fay forever.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »
Hello King Kadelfek:
I'm a game producer used on RPG MAKER, and I like the game for them.
I and my group love To The Moon very much, and I'm a Chinese.
Still, there continues to be had not an OFFICIAL translation version about this game, and there be still hasn't a Chinese-translation board on this forum.
Someone posted on the forum on Chinese-translations was long ago.
So I ask the forum for constructing a new project on the Chinese translation.
And then, there are lots of translations in error on that version.
If there isn't have an official version on this game,  this situation will not be improved.
I will write my name on that form but still not access it in the usual way.(because of google doc I couldn't access without a VPN.)
If King Kadelfek agreed or disagreed with my opinion,please reply and let me know.
 Yours
fay_envoy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:20:07 AM by fay_envoy »

miracle.flame

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »
fay_envoy, good luck getting ANY response here.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 01:14:58 AM »
King Kadelfek - "Last Active: October 09, 2012".
SenorKaffee doesn't seem to be an active user anymore as well.

You guys would do better to just contact Kan (Reives) himself. Just send him a private message, go stalk him on FB/twitter or something.

miracle.flame

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 01:34:29 AM »
I've sent Reives a private message on April 17th and still no response. I believe he's the only one who can provide unencrypted dev version of the game for translation testing, right? So far I have 20% of the texts translated but it's not really promising feeling that I have no way of testing... not to mention whether there'll be any way of implementing it in the end. Maybe there's something wrong with me I don't know but since I've started working on this any call for help or support has been left unanswered.

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 02:24:35 AM »
Try contacting Ali, miracle.flame . I suspect Reives is too busy to read PMs nowadays.

fay_envoy

• Tier 3
  • Fay is fay forever.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 02:33:36 AM »
I've sent Reives a private message on April 17th and still no response. I believe he's the only one who can provide unencrypted dev version of the game for translation testing, right? So far I have 20% of the texts translated but it's not really promising feeling that I have no way of testing... not to mention whether there'll be any way of implementing it in the end. Maybe there's something wrong with me I don't know but since I've started working on this any call for help or support has been left unanswered.
I heard about Reives seems not on twitter for days.
I want to touch him either.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09:39 AM »
I wonder if the unencrypted dev version is the same as having access to Map.rxdata files?
See this translation package for example:
https://app.box.com/s/yph4e6q23bb9axb5v7qx
Does it include the files you need?

miracle.flame

• Tier 2
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 04:08:31 AM »
Thank you so much Ali...

Actually I've been through some of the first topics and all there is about testing is that translated DMK maps have to be converted to RM maps and then tested. I presume tested in the unencrypted version which can actually read those files from DATA and GRAPHICS folder as those do nothing in original game, they won't override To the Moon.rgssad file where the whole game is.

So how am I supposed to test it or better yet how to implement those translated maps into To the Moon.rgssad?

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 04:56:46 AM »
I have found the solution, and in the way I also ported Dreamaker to Mac (and Linux) since it was made with Ruby :)

- Download the English.zip archive I'm sending you via PM right now.
- Extract it, you will get Data and Graphics folders.
- You have to put the Data folder in the same folder as Dreamaker then run Dreamaker,
- Choose "Converting RM maps to DMK maps", after it finishes, choose "Dialogs extraction from DMK maps", you will get a file named "dialogues.txt" which includes all the dialogues,
- Translate dialogues.txt", save it, then get back to the Dreamaker,
- This time choose "Dialogs inclusion in DMK maps",
- After it finishes choose "Converting DMK maps to RM maps",
- Choose "Converting only modified files",
After it finishes, check your Data folder, you will see that those Map.rxdata files which include your translated strings are updated.
Now to test the game with your translation, go to To The Moon installation folder, move To The Moon.rgssad file to another folder so it wont be found by the game, put Data folder (the one that includes the modified map files Dreamaker made) and Graphics folder (the one you got from English.zip) in the same place that To The Moon.rgssad used to be.
Now start the game and you should see your translations in the game :)

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 399
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 651
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon