Author Topic: Questions / Answers about everything (DreaMaker included)  (Read 41935 times)

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Questions / Answers about everything (DreaMaker included)
« on: December 04, 2011, 05:31:25 AM »
Hello, I'm King Kadelfek, the author of DreaMaker, used to translate To the Moon.

SenorKaffee manage the team, and I answer all new questions about DreaMaker.
If you want to know if you can do something / cannot do something / how to do something, this is the right topic.
This is also the topic when I post news about DreaMaker.

I'm french, so I can answer questions in french here :
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3522.0
But please try to ask your questions in english in this topic, so the answers will be available to everyone.

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPIC
Don't miss it ! SenorKaffee gives you everything you need !
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3397.msg141673

SenorKaffee made a very good tutorial, so you can see how manage the translation from the txt file (look at 2:35) :

Translating RPGMaker Games as a Team - with DreaMaker and Google Documents

The topic of the tutorial :
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3428.0

DreaMaker last version
http://www.kadelfek.com/dreamaker

Bug report
Look at the Error.txt file or the log file if there is a bug.
Please use [ code ] balise (the "#" button) to paste the file content in your post.

So, now you can ask all the questions you want. ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:36:35 AM by SenorKaffee »

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
Re: Questions / Answers
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:51:57 AM »
I received a PM from Thunderbird :

Quote from: Thunderbird
Hey King Kadelfek,
will your new version of dreamaker be compitable with the old files? (able to import a 3.8 dialogue file)

I've just tried to use your tool and re-import a file, but I receive an error.

undefined method `set_texte' for #<RPG::EventCommand:0x2a39664>
Classe_Projet_Correction.rb:654:in `remplacer_dialogue'
Classe_Projet_Correction.rb:653:in `each'
Classe_Projet_Correction.rb:653:in `remplacer_dialogue'
Classe_Projet_Correction.rb:499:in `remplacer_dialogue_maps'
ctl.rb:152:in `inclure_dialogue'
interface.rb:162:in `interface_inclure'
interface.rb:34:in `interface'
main.rb:127:in `run_rb'
main.rb:158

Do you know what this is about?

(my answers in the next message, [ b ] balise doesn't work in this message)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:56:27 AM by King Kadelfek »

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 05:54:38 AM »

Is DreaMaker x compatible with DreaMaker y ?

Any version of DreaMaker is not compatible with older or newer versions (dmk files or txt files). Because there are a lot of modifications between each version, don't try to make cross version solutions.
RM files are 100% compatible with each version of DMK : so each time you update DMK, just include your modifications in the dmk files (Step 3) and convert to RM files (Step 4).

What can I do when I got errors ?

Explain your problem in this topic. King Kadelfek receives a notification by mail and come to help.

I got an error while including dialogs : undefined method `set_texte'

(to do)

How can I include dialogs when I got errors ?
(this problem needs a real tutorial)

The txt file is splitable, so you can use dichotomy : make 2 files from your original dialogs.txt file and try to include both of them. In the one which have errors, use dichotomy again.

DMK 3.8
You can easily split the file by maps. You can split a map, but you have to keep the order Map > Event > Page.
If you have Map 1 > Event 1 > Page 1 > Page 2 > Event 2 > Page 1, you can :
- delete a page : Map 1 > Event 1 > Page 1 > Page 2 > Event 2 > Page 1
- delete an event : Map 1 > Event 1 > Page 1 > Page 2 > Event 2 > Page 1

If you keep the Map > Event > Page order, it will be ok.
Keep all the #### lines and the return lines, it is important !

DMK XP 4
Each dialog is independant, so you can split the file as you want.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 06:57:46 AM »
I get this error at all map parts. Tried dividing into two parts, tried just using the first map.

You will not have to worry about dialogs with 3 or more lines. If you need 3 or 4 lines, just write them and it will be ok. No need to add code. The dialogs will be splitted when SenorKaffee will convert the files to RMXP (Step 4 in DMK).

But don't put 3 lines dialogs right now. I will synchronize with SenorKaffee to take the current work and update the dialogs file to the new version.
I'm currently crash testing DMK XP 4.9 before sending it to SenorKaffee.
Maybe it's about this?

The file I have right now is the full German translation file we want to work with.
Shall I send it to you by mail?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:00:39 AM by Thunderbird »
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

madeiner

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 02:16:11 PM »
About the incompatibility of DMK versions; is there a way to use the "more lines" option that is present in the new DMKxp without restarting the translation from the beginning?

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »
The file I have right now is the full German translation file we want to work with.

You are translating the game from german to another language ? Or you want to include the german translation into the game ?

I get this error at all map parts. Tried dividing into two parts, tried just using the first map.

You should send me this first rxdata map and the dialogs file.
My mail : kadelfek (at) kadelfek (dot) com

About the incompatibility of DMK versions; is there a way to use the "more lines" option that is present in the new DMKxp without restarting the translation from the beginning?
SenorKaffee will include all modifications done so far in the game. Then he will reexport dialogs with the new version of DMK.
The new dialogs file will be half english - half another language.

All dialogs are independent with the new version. So I can create a mod to delete all non english dialogs, so only untranslated dialogs will remain (and vice versa).

EDIT : it's not a problem if you have dialogs with more than 2 lines. I you used the adding texboxes glitch, I will detect it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:44:55 AM by King Kadelfek »

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »

You are translating the game from german to another language ? Or you want to include the german translation into the game ?

You should send me this first rxdata map and the dialogs file.
My mail : kadelfek (at) kadelfek (dot) com

SenorKaffee will include all modifications done so far in the game. Then he will reexport dialogs with the new version of DMK.

All dialogs are independent with the new version. So I can create a mod to delete all non english dialogs, so only untranslated dialogs will remain (and vice versa).

The file I'm using is our (SenorKaffee's and my, we are both in the same team) translation so far.
-> it's translation from English to German
The translation done before into the game still has some old stuff left, because there were importing problems.
So the file we want to work with and all current translations done is the file I have currently on my laptop.
If we use some older file, we will have to redo some parts of the translation.

I hope SenorKafee is back soon, so we can check this to avoid unnecessary work. I will send you the mail then, if still necessary.

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:06 AM »
Ok Thunderbird.
I thought only SenorKaffee was using DreaMaker to include final translations.

I think maybe it's the "Step 3 problem". It happens when someone does Step 3 twice, instead of Step 3 > Step 2 > Step 3. When you do Step 3, datas are changed, so dialog's ids change as well, so you need to do Step 2 right after that.
(the automatic step 3 + step 2 option was temporarily disabled in DMK 3.8, but that was the last public version...)

But don't worry, I can extract X messages from the game and replace them by X messages from your translation. So you will have a properly working file.

Ok to wait for SenorKaffee. He said to me he was finishing another project, but he will be back this week.

My MSN : kadelfek (at) yahoo (dot) fr

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Ok Thunderbird.
I thought only SenorKaffee was using DreaMaker to include final translations.

He was ^^
But as he had no time atm, I've done more work on the translation google doc file and tried my luck using the Dreamaker right now.

I think maybe it's the "Step 3 problem". It happens when someone does Step 3 twice, instead of Step 3 > Step 2 > Step 3. When you do Step 3, datas are changed, so dialog's ids change as well, so you need to do Step 2 right after that.
(the automatic step 3 + step 2 option was temporarily disabled in DMK 3.8, but that was the last public version...)

But don't worry, I can extract X messages from the game and replace them by X messages from your translation. So you will have a properly working file.

Ok to wait for SenorKaffee. He said to me he was finishing another project, but he will be back this week.

My MSN : kadelfek (at) yahoo (dot) fr

Okey, I will give this step thingy a try.

madeiner

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »

EDIT : it's not a problem if you have dialogs with more than 2 lines. I you used the adding texboxes glitch, I will detect it.

I dont think i get the answer. I am on a different team (italian). We have translated part of the dialogue, and we are leaving behind the parts where we need to add dialogue boxes.
What do we do when DMK 4.9 is released? If the txt files are different, then we can't copy paste everything, right? I suppose the "transfer" may take a lot of time.

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 11:50:20 AM »
I dont think i get the answer. I am on a different team (italian). We have translated part of the dialogue, and we are leaving behind the parts where we need to add dialogue boxes.
What do we do when DMK 4.9 is released? If the txt files are different, then we can't copy paste everything, right? I suppose the "transfer" may take a lot of time.
As SenorKaffee, you will have to include translations done (Step 3) and make a new txt file with DMK 4.9 (Step 1 and 2).

Could you send me your email adress ? I made a spreadsheet with contacts of the whole team, I would like to add you (and other people from italian team). We need people able to speak english within each team.

DMK XP 4.9.1 will be available this week end.

madeiner

• Tier 2
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 03:45:50 PM »
Thanks, i sent you an email using the forum.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:28 PM »
I've managed to import all stuff with version 3.8 (phew...that was hard work)
Just tried to start the new Dreamaker version 4.9.1 , but it just says "loading.." and shuts down then.
There is another message, but I can't read it - it's gone too fast.

The question is abvious, what to do? ^^

Edit: Errormsg:

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\Thunder\Desktop\DMTTM-v1.2\To the Moon>DreaMaker_XP-v4.9.1.exe
C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/inifile
-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:348:in `rescue in parse': parameter encountered before fir
st section (IniFile::Error)
        from C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:345:in `parse'
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:61:in `initialize'
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:30:in `new'
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:30:in `load'
        from C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/src/Kadelfek Temp/0
226-online.rb:78:in `check_version'
        from C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/src/main.rb:90:in `
run_main'
        from C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/src/main.rb:195:in
`<main>'
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:57:31 AM by King Kadelfek »

King Kadelfek

• Mod
  • Tier 2
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 05:15:04 AM »
I've managed to import all stuff with version 3.8 (phew...that was hard work)
Just tried to start the new Dreamaker version 4.9.1 , but it just says "loading.." and shuts down then.
There is another message, but I can't read it - it's gone too fast.

The question is abvious, what to do? ^^

Edit: Errormsg:

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\Thunder\Desktop\DMTTM-v1.2\To the Moon>DreaMaker_XP-v4.9.1.exe
C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/inifile
-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:348:in `rescue in parse': parameter encountered before fir
st section (IniFile::Error)
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:345:in `parse'
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:61:in `initialize'
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:30:in `new'
/gems/inifile-0.4.1/lib/inifile.rb:30:in `load'
        from C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/src/Kadelfek Temp/0
226-online.rb:78:in `check_version'
        from C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/src/main.rb:90:in `
run_main'
        from C:/Users/Thunder/Desktop/DMTTM-v1.2/To the Moon/src/main.rb:195:in
`<main>'

I got an error at launch : "parameter encountered before first section (IniFile::Error)"

There is a problem with DreaMaker.ini. Do you delete the old DreaMaker.ini from DMK 3.8 before you install DreaMaker XP 4.x ?
If you didn't delete it :
- delete DreaMaker.ini
- launch DMK XP 4.x
- a new DreaMaker.ini will be created
- DMK XP 4.x works

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:17:43 AM by King Kadelfek »

fede999

• Tier 2
Re: Questions / Answers about everything (DreaMaker included)
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »
Sorry for the forthcoming dumb question, but it's the first time I use software more complex than a word processor.

Do I necessarily need a project/developmental version of Ttm in order to import dialogues and do a little playtesing on my own or am I simply doing something wrong?
With the commercial version I get an error message saying it's not a RM project.

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 540
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 845
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon