Author Topic: Glitch in Minisode2 or not? just want to make sure...  (Read 911 times)

charlesoboe

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Glitch in Minisode2 or not? just want to make sure...
« on: June 07, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »
Hello Reives, Hello Everyone,

since I get the news that Finding Paradise was delayed for some reason, I just got the two minisodes running again (especially 2), trying to make some new interpretations... And then, as I noticed, these text-boxes are - not as usual - BLUE. As far as I know, blue text-boxes were used to represent someone on telephone or the system sound and so on...

Are they supposed to be blue or was that, somehow, just a Glitch?

This also refers to the black point on the left wall. I think it was the hard end of the broom, since I can remember that I might have seen a poster showing the broom "in right way" in that scene, which i can't find now, but I am asking just for "security".
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:04:46 PM by charlesoboe »

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Glitch in Minisode2 or not? just want to make sure...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:28:07 AM »
Hi there! Good on ya to look at the minisodes again; I've half a mind to do that as well. Other than the change in color of the text boxes, there wasn't anything else wrong? Every so often, To The Moon did get minor changes made to it until a few years after its release, so it's possible that the same thing happened to the minisodes and Reives changed it for some mysterious purpose. But I don't know for certain, so this is likely a question for Reives himself  :)
meep meep im a beep

charlesoboe

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 04:53:39 AM »
Well, even in Minisode 2, most of the text-boxes are normal, i.e., brown. These particular ones appear only between "Neil checks the generator" and "Neil hits Eva". Try it yourself :)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:48:11 AM »
ohhh, I think they were always like that. I vaguely remember that lol! My guess is that it was probably to improve the visibility of the dialogue boxes because the scene is very dark and brownish.
meep meep im a beep

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »
Ah, I can't recall for sure, but that could actually be a bug indeed. o: If I were to guess, it might be me forgetting to change the windowskin back to normal after checking the machine. Good catch!

* Recent Media

Lunair

Views: 11
Posted by: SI
in: Quintessenc­e - The Blighted Venom
x-mas art

Views: 541
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 846
Posted by: Animefox