Author Topic: Dragon Mage's Drawing Pad  (Read 92145 times)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
Re: Dragon Mage's Drawing Pad
« Reply #420 on: March 16, 2018, 05:54:47 AM »
Looking good  :seraismile: I think your human style has changed a bit, hasn't it?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #421 on: March 17, 2018, 10:54:54 PM »
Looking good  :seraismile: I think your human style has changed a bit, hasn't it?
Yeah. I've been experimenting with a lot of styles from anime to chibi to simply drawn humans. Despite my style though, it's far from perfect (like how do you cloth and proportion?!)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2018, 06:44:49 PM »
I think there's a dragon on my head...

Decided to take references and make him a character...

Meet Blu:

Look Blu, it's you!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:51:54 PM by Dragon Mage »

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: sad sad
« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2018, 08:02:43 PM »
Awwww! That dragon is adorable!
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #424 on: March 27, 2018, 01:32:17 AM »
Finally, more art!

Playful Wesfrid:

I used a ref: https://twitter.com/sozaiya_yogi/status/877488186993160193

Can't spell Boris without Ori:

It's true! Also this is an adorable crossover :)

The New Farmers:

Ria and Farmer Ori in Stardew Valley! Also hyped for multiplayer btw! :fezesarecool:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #425 on: April 15, 2018, 06:54:16 PM »
Phew this took longer than originally anticipated but that was mostly my fault ^^;

Fishing in ONI:

This isn't something you can do in Oxygen Not Included (yet) but it was fun to draw :) I wonder if this is one of those 10 humiliating memories Max relives :P

ONI Upgrades:

Another Oxygen Not Included related piece. I feel like everytime an update drops, someone in every single game is like this ^ for an RP with my friends, it'd probably be Dino :P

Shadowclaw (Shadowstorm revamp):

This is a dragon I drew for my sister a while back but I decided to redesign it since it was kinda plain and even renamed it (I was never too fond of the name Shadowstorm myself).

But the reason I drew it was more this:

(Click to increase size or open in new tab if you wanna see it fully)

I listed the edits on DA if you wanna know about all the improvements. I didn't get the body quite right but I'm still proud of the overall design. You may or may not see another pic of Shadowclaw in the future.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #426 on: April 18, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
What this? Only 3 days and already more art to show? 0_0

That's right! :)

I wanted to draw something Spyro related (except it's more of an OC I've had for years...)

Uncoloured and finished:

You remember Spyra right? The genderbent OC of (Legend) Spyro? Well I decided to draw her as a classic dragon. Call it some sort of homage to the reignited trilogy. Speaking of which, I actually used refs from the PS1 and PS4 versions. Also A Hero's Tail for a girly look (all I could really add were eyelashes :P )

I actually have a place for her too in one of my AUs/side stories. That aside, I'm proud and surprised at how well it came out :)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »
All of them look cool! I remember playing Spyro on my GBA when I was little... the only problem is that I don't have it anymore, I don't know which one it was exactly, and I never finished it bc apparently I was not smart enough to figure out how  :P
I really like the little scene you drew for the "fishing in ONI" one - usually you just draw characters, but it looks nice with a backing!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #428 on: April 21, 2018, 01:01:41 AM »
All of them look cool! I remember playing Spyro on my GBA when I was little... the only problem is that I don't have it anymore, I don't know which one it was exactly, and I never finished it bc apparently I was not smart enough to figure out how  :P
I really like the little scene you drew for the "fishing in ONI" one - usually you just draw characters, but it looks nice with a backing!
Thanks. I only played Spyro on Playstation but I always wanted to try Spyro orange despite what some people say about it.
Thanks. I added a slight background to the farmer one with Ori as well if you look closely. I do want to work on my background drawings though.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #429 on: April 29, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
The "snowfallen art" edition.

Carolling:

Based off a screenshot from when me and Raven played, mixed with some Willowson fluff. I headcanon that Willow is a good singer (apposed to Wilson :P ) and Wilson likes to listen to her rather than sing himself.

"Blue looks good one you"

Willow is totally the one saying that >u< Also blue blush cos it's cuter and suits this skin more.

Sleepy Carols:

Another one based off a screenshot. Thought he doesn't have to be softly singing a carol. He could be telling her a Winters Feast tale or reading boring notes from his journal. Which ever you prefer xD

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #430 on: May 10, 2018, 04:00:01 AM »
I don't post a lot of drafts usually but I felt like I need to post more stuff here. So I recently decided to redraw my OCs after my brain not leaving me alone one night ^^;

Red Squirrel:

I plan to bring back the roundness of his nose.

Fluffy the Bunny:

I'm proud of these ones, especially the flute one :)

Pink Ted:

Cluelessness remastered in HD.

Otto the Otter:

2015 vs 2018.

It's apparent how much I've improved. I can't wait to finish these :)

There's more drawings but I'll post them tomorrow.

Edit: Click on them or open in new tab to see them better.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:02:00 AM by Dragon Mage »

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: sad sad
« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2018, 10:21:17 AM »

The second drawing of Red staring down at the acorn, reminds me of Bob's Burgers for some reason.... I think it has something to do with the neck or the proportions....

Anyway, these are amazing improvements DM! Especially the ones with Fluffy!  :fezesarecool:
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2018, 04:23:52 AM »
The second drawing of Red staring down at the acorn, reminds me of Bob's Burgers for some reason.... I think it has something to do with the neck or the proportions....

Anyway, these are amazing improvements DM! Especially the ones with Fluffy! :fezesarecool:
Oh yeah! xD Thanks :)

Oboi, another thing! Remember that Spyro thing I drew before... well...

That look like characters from a kids cartoon show (though it seems plausible given the style).

So remember these two handsome dragons right here:

Spoiler: show

They're quite old.

Well I drew them in original Spyro style. Though unlike Spyra, they will be easy to tell apart from main characters since the different colours and shapes. Who knew they'd look so good as Spyro characters though?! :)

I used a ref of Flame (Spyro: A Hero's Tail) for Sunny and kinda went for a similar pose for Storm(y) (Idk if his name should be Stormy or Storm). These are just concepts at the moment so if these anything I want/need to edit, I can do so. Not sure if I can change Stormy's head that much but I do hope to make it smaller in a way.

I was thinking how these two could work in their own game ^^;

Sunny
  • Fire breath
  • Glide
  • Charge
  • Head bash
  • Climb
  • Swim
Stormy:
  • Electric breath (can kill large armored enemies)
  • Glide (not as well)
  • Climb
  • Can't charge or headbash due to lack of horns (but will probably get a substitute physical attack. A close ranged head swing maybe?)
  • Can't swim
And I think Sunny may need Stormy to clear/unlock a certain area (much like in Piglet's Big Game with Tigger and Pooh). I may have more in the future (like Firescale or maybe even a sea dragon character) but we'll have to see. Maybe even turn one into an elder dragon! ^_^

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #433 on: May 17, 2018, 01:40:26 AM »
Not too many this time but I figured I could do more uploads if I lessen the amount of art I do (I mean last year was 10 art and earlier this year was a page which was 3 to 5 so...)

Starting off with Scarf Fluff (or Fluffy Scarf if you want a punny title :deepstuff: )

How fitting with Winter being so close. This all they'll need ;) (I would have done a Summer one but the draft wasn't looking promising so I scrapped it).

Fera and Otto Banter:

Old piece from last year! Yeah look who decided to finish it ^^; (might do another similar piece as well). This probably happened during their first meeting if (when) she outsmarted him :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:02:25 PM by Dragon Mage »

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #434 on: May 17, 2018, 06:57:24 AM »

How fitting with Winter being so close. This all they'll need ;) (I would have done a Summer one but the draft wasn't looking promising so I scrapped it).
omg where I am, it's almost summer  O_O that's really weird to think about...

* Recent Media

Johnny and River

Views: 764
Posted by: chronotron12
in: To the Moon
Eva and Neil plushies

Views: 796
Posted by: kikikai
in: To the Moon