Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 354778 times)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #4170 on: December 11, 2016, 08:45:09 PM »
I was listening to the normal and vibraphone versions of "Neil's Machine" and was like, "How the heck are they even the same song??? They sound totally different!" But then I actually tried to find the melody from the vibraphone within the normal one...

and it was in the STRINGS  :o
O_O
How did I not notice that for like a whole year... I thought the melody was in the harp because of the volume and the fuzziness of the string sound, but even then I didn't connect the notes the strings were playing to the vibraphone at all! I thought I was a musician, darn it!  D:

and and and
"Uncharted Realms" shares a tiny echo of the melody with it, albeit faster. Just at the beginning, though, with what sounds like the celesta?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:00:06 PM by EatingToastYay »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #4171 on: January 19, 2017, 02:00:17 AM »
GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! I think I found out what happened to UNICORN!

Spoiler: show

Or...

Spoiler: show

Full story/context here: http://miss-twila.tumblr.com/post/156029843551/parallelpie-pybun-parallelpie-bonus-how

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #4172 on: January 21, 2017, 12:42:30 PM »
Wait, harp does not qualify as strings? To my knowledge, it literally is a bunch of strings in a special D-shaped frame.
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4173 on: January 22, 2017, 08:42:16 AM »
You're right! Harps don't sound quite the same as violins, violas, cellos, etc. though... I guess I don't include them also because most ensembles I've played in don't even have harp players. Like, when my conductor yells at the "strings", he's referring to the peeps with the bows  ;)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #4174 on: January 23, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »
Harps do still sound nice though :/

Undertale Medley - Harp Cover - Samantha Ballard

:music:

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #4175 on: January 26, 2017, 07:43:03 AM »
Why aren't pianos considered "strings"? They too have strings to make sound with... Then again, that would make harmonica a trumpet.
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #4176 on: January 26, 2017, 01:39:16 PM »
Why aren't pianos considered "strings"? They too have strings to make sound with... Then again, that would make harmonica a trumpet.
If you go by that logic they should also be percussion.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

The Flying Marlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #4177 on: January 26, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »
@Mobbstar Out of curiosity, why would pianos being string instruments make a harmonica a trumpet? "String instrument" refers to a category of instrument whose sound is produced by strings, while "trumpet" refers to a particular instrument.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4178 on: January 27, 2017, 06:48:44 AM »
Harps do still sound nice though :/
 :music:
I never said they didn't  :seraismile: one played a background part during a solo I played in "La Forza Del Destino" (Verdi) last year. pretty sure they were better than me.
Oh, and I think that lady playing the harp in the video you linked also played a cover of Everything's Alright!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #4179 on: January 28, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »
Very neat; it's kinda rare to see harp playing IRL, so it's always quite mystical to me, heheh.

Happy Lunar New Year everyone! :) Hope y'all have a good one of the rooster/phoenix~

atommo

• Tier 6
  • Awesomeness :D
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #4180 on: January 28, 2017, 12:43:53 PM »
@Mobbstar Out of curiosity, why would pianos being string instruments make a harmonica a trumpet? "String instrument" refers to a category of instrument whose sound is produced by strings, while "trumpet" refers to a particular instrument.

Well technically a harmonica and a trumpet are both 'wind' instruments. I think Mobbstar probably meant 'wind' instead of 'trumpet' XD

I guess piano is in its own class because you can have electric pianos and all, so they are not necessarily string-based.
The sentence below is false
The sentence above is true

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #4181 on: January 28, 2017, 03:40:46 PM »
Pianos are E-Guitars. Yey!

Wow those paper lanterns aren't safe. What about the safety regulations, guys? Company policies and all that!

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4182 on: January 28, 2017, 09:26:41 PM »
Pianos are E-Guitars. Yey!

Wow those paper lanterns aren't safe. What about the safety regulations, guys? Company policies and all that!
I dunno, Eva having a rooster on her head doesn't seem too safe either. What if it pooped on her?   XD
Also, Neil has firecrackers. Maybe the company doesn't have many safety regulations after all.
Very neat; it's kinda rare to see harp playing IRL, so it's always quite mystical to me, heheh.
One day, you must venture out to a live concert. Any big orchestras in a nearby city?
I wish I could watch the Boston Symphony Orchestra/Pops, myself, but the tickets are kinda expensive. I did see the Boston Youth Symphony perform in Symphony Hall for free...from the third floor balcony where they were just specks. At least I could still hear them though, the acoustics are crazy in that place!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #4183 on: January 29, 2017, 02:44:39 AM »

Happy Lunar New Year everyone! :) Hope y'all have a good one of the rooster/phoenix~

I love it! :) Ever notice how Eva always looks confused in these pictures? :P

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4184 on: January 29, 2017, 01:13:42 PM »

I love it! :) Ever notice how Eva always looks confused in these pictures? :P
Yeah, she really likes to make that skeptical/puzzled face! Maybe it should become a forum emoji, though Sal already has the raised eyebrow look covered:  :salbrow:
In the Christmas/holiday picture, I think Eva had more of a neutral face. The angle on her face was new though; a 3/4 view wasn't in To The Moon!

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 269
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 497
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon