Author Topic: Dragon Mage's Drawing Pad  (Read 41547 times)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Dragon Mage's creative thread.
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2017, 03:09:36 AM »
"pat pet pot" Wait, pot? : ^)

Eversince when are your drawings so cuuuuuuuute omerg they are all adorable! (save for the robot dragon, too fnaf and not enough machinarium)

You are getting better at digital doodles, I say!

He does actually say that :P

Thanks ^_^ I could always draw cute, I just didn't draw it enough apparently :) Yeah kind messed up on WX. Don't think it looks very fnaf-y more than a badly drawn/designed robotic dragon but I did use a bit of reference from Draco the Dragon for his mouth ^^;

I agree. Same with a lot of people on Tumblr and Discord ;)

Btw, I'm curious. Why do you reply here more than Klei? Not that I'm complaining. It does prevent le olde double post from happening but I'm a little curious.

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2017, 06:25:24 AM »
Btw, I'm curious. Why do you reply here more than Klei? Not that I'm complaining. It does prevent le olde double post from happening but I'm a little curious.

Convenience, that's all, really. This site loads faster for me. In this case, however, I think you didn't even post all things to Klei yet.

Nice save with the guard dog  ; D
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »

Convenience, that's all, really. This site loads faster for me. In this case, however, I think you didn't even post all things to Klei yet.

Nice save with the guard dog  ; D
That's Doggo from Undertale! Did you forget?

Well judging by the size of Klei and the amount of members, it wouldn't surprise me that this place loads faster :P also, I have posted everything to Klei. Infact, I post my art to DA (and Facebook if I remember), then Klei and then Freebird (and sometime to SuperShigi but usually at a later date and not as descriptive).

Well like I said, it doesn't matter and works in my favor :)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2017, 07:33:40 PM »
Ok so y'know how my art style usually consists of simple, cartoony, sometimes even cute drawings? And how I've said I can't draw anime, clothes/hair detail or good proportions?

Well I proved myself wrong last night ^^;

Like wat? I have never drawn something this good in my life. Good proportions, anime-like eyes, perspective even  O_O (that I thought I wasn't gonna be able to do).

Pretty much, I'm impressed at my own drawing and still in kinda disbelief XD ok the clothes and hair is still lacking definition but let's admit, that stuff isn't easy :reivsweat:

So anyway, this idea struck me yesterday and is a scene of me fighting Wolf Princess (remember her), trying to stop her from leaving. There are similar situations seen in Naruto and Steven Universe iirc. I'm gonna do a follow-up drawing but don't expect it to be this good ^^;

So yeah. This will either be my best drawing of 2017 or a turning point for how I do art :P

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
*squeee* That's so good! And you didn't even know you could do it  :3 Being ambitious with your drawings pays off, eh?
btw, WP's elbow bend is a little off, but I bet a reference would fix that up, no prob  :)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #335 on: April 07, 2017, 04:40:03 AM »
*squeee* That's so good! And you didn't even know you could do it  :3 Being ambitious with your drawings pays off, eh?
btw, WP's elbow bend is a little off, but I bet a reference would fix that up, no prob  :)
You mean her elbow isn't... elbow-y? Well like Ria's head and Miki's eye, not all proportions are perfect but ya gotta start somewhere, right? :)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #336 on: April 07, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
You mean her elbow isn't... elbow-y? Well like Ria's head and Miki's eye, not all proportions are perfect but ya gotta start somewhere, right? :)
True, very true~

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »
After all this time, finally, another art dump :)

After the Battle (sequel to Dragon vs Wolf) :

So sad :(

Anyway, enough with the sappy rubbish :facepalm: have a Wilson (drawn from a tutorial from a Klei stream) :

This is my permanent reference :P

Eets from Eets Munchies (another Klei game) :

I mixed it with a bit of my art style. Doesn't look too bad :) there's another drawing I'm working on though :P

Ori Approves:

I made drafts of Fallen Down part 1 and 2 and a panel in part two looked too perfect so I turned it into this.

Speaking of Fallen Down, here's the prologue:

http://dragonmage156.deviantart.com/art/Fallen-Down-Prologue-675792016

Lastly, I made a dupe sheet for DragonDupe/Ria:

I like how well it came out.

StarwindD6

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2017, 05:32:44 PM »
The Wilson one looks really good. I've played a little bit of DS myself, and it really gets the game's art style!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2017, 03:34:53 AM »
The Wilson one looks really good. I've played a little bit of DS myself, and it really gets the game's art style!
Thanks! :) Like it said, I followed Klei's tutorial in how to draw him. Infact, I've already made a different drawing using this one as a reference :P however, something will remain the same (like Wilson's non-existant gloves XD )

Btw, I enjoy all the stuff they have in DST. The pets are the best imo ^_^

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
Re: Dragon Mage's Drawing Pad
« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2017, 01:36:56 AM »
Eets Incuded:

Crossover of two Klei games (Eets Munchies and Oxygen Not Included).

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #341 on: April 28, 2017, 03:19:02 AM »
'nother art fart! :P

Otto's job (based off an OC prompt) :

Otter trash:

Ballet Otter (how I got this idea is beyond me xD ) :

Glommer Kat Nap:

Accident:

Story time! So a while ago my pet rat, Monty, bit Rodney pretty hard on the foot and it left quite a bit of blood in the cage. We had to separate them while Rodney healed. It was rather surprising since I always viewed Rodney as the bulky, pushy one. Guess I was wrong.

It probably wasn't an accident but this is how I interpreted it.

Shadow Ria:

Ted's Tophat:

Looking dapper there my good fellow :)

Bearded Dragon (a pet skin in DST)

I wanted to design what it looks like as it grows up.

Chragon 2017:

And a drawing comparison with the last Chragon:

And one with Dragon Rider (with a never before seen cringy art of 2014 >_< )

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:24:04 PM by Dragon Mage »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »
I finished the Arctic Vargling (and I think I should have added a picture of the Beared Dragon skin for reference in the last post).

(Edit: Added :P )

Original:

(Wouldn't it be cool if out pets actually grew up :) )

Some more Ori sketches:

The prologue contained a lot of unique poses I felt would be useful. Some of those were quite sad :( Let's hope I don't have to use them all in Fallen Down. Speaking of which, I have finally finished the next part.

Fallen Down Part 1 - The Beginning:

I tried replicating Sein's dialogue box a little. I don't think I did too badly. If only it didn't cover up half the panel image. Anyway, I have quite a bit more drawings so don't expect part 2 for a while ^^;
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:24:44 PM by Dragon Mage »

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2017, 12:44:24 PM »
The Vargling looks like a cute puppy  :-*
Your Ori Undertale crossover is looking cool, too! Will you closely parallel the original Undertale story, or is it more like "what would Ori do in Undertale"?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2017, 10:50:20 PM »
The Vargling looks like a cute puppy  :-*
Thanks though it's really the work of Klei. I'm merely designing them if they grew up.

Your Ori Undertale crossover is looking cool, too! Will you closely parallel the original Undertale story, or is it more like "what would Ori do in Undertale"?
Bit of both actually. Idk how good it'll be in the end but I enjoy thinking about certain part with Ori instead of Frisk :)

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 185
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 362
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon