Author Topic: Finding Paradise ending  (Read 2154 times)

KleberPF

• Tier 2
Finding Paradise ending
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »
What did Faye do exactly to make Collin happy? My understanding was that she removed Sigmund Corp. from Collin's memories and then came back to talk to him when he was old. Is this correct?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Finding Paradise ending
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:26:58 PM »
From what I remember, yeah.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:59:34 PM »
I would guess she removed Sigmund Corp entirely from his memories.
She also changed his screw ups. She didn't erase them, but slightly altered them to "you screwed some things up every now and then, but that's okay", making his regrets an important part of the journey.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

StarwindD6

• Tier 2
  • Everything's alright so long as the beacon shines
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:56:30 PM »
I would guess she removed Sigmund Corp entirely from his memories.
She also changed his screw ups. She didn't erase them, but slightly altered them to "you screwed some things up every now and then, but that's okay", making his regrets an important part of the journey.

I personally don't think the regrets really mattered at all. When we saw Colin going to Sigmund to sign up I think at that point he's already accepted his regrets, and the notes we get in the game are but a red herring. He was really talking about regretting not reuniting with Faye and probably intentionally made it vague.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 04:06:39 AM »
I personally don't think the regrets really mattered at all. When we saw Colin going to Sigmund to sign up I think at that point he's already accepted his regrets, and the notes we get in the game are but a red herring. He was really talking about regretting not reuniting with Faye and probably intentionally made it vague.

Maybe, but Faye did changes to the regrets. In the cutscene during the song you can see the marriage proposal and the squid ink attack and in both cases Sofia acts more caring than in the original memory.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

StarwindD6

• Tier 2
  • Everything's alright so long as the beacon shines
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 04:46:58 AM »

Maybe, but Faye did changes to the regrets. In the cutscene during the song you can see the marriage proposal and the squid ink attack and in both cases Sofia acts more caring than in the original memory.

Ahhh. I see. I thought those were the aftermaths of the regrets, as in what we didn't stay around long enough to see.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »
Ahhh. I see. I thought those were the aftermaths of the regrets, as in what we didn't stay around long enough to see.
This is actually the case ó the only change Faye made was removing Sigmund Corp. Sofiaís reactions were simply the result of him remembering past the moment of embarrassment.

What happened around the end of FP seems to be a bit more subtle than To the Moon, and Iíve seen that a lot of misinterpretation of th events and even what Colinís actual wish is. Iím on the road right now, but Iíll be making a clarifying post about this later on. :)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 01:13:14 AM »
Ooh, creator clarification. Doesn't get much better than that :)

* Recent Media